RC Groups

RC Groups
    3D Flying
        Discussion 3DHS 47" Extra 300 Shp

#1 tominator06 Aug 29, 2011 11:22 PM

3DHS 47" Extra 300 Shp
 
1 Attachment(s)
This is a place to share info and resources about the 3dhs 47" Extra Shp.

#2 94'325is Aug 29, 2011 11:28 PM

My SHP, at it's rightful place on the throne!

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/g...lvia/rack1.jpg

#3 wrjames38 Aug 29, 2011 11:40 PM

amazing SHP
 
Quick story.....

My wife (RN) had a cosmetic laser class to teach in Beverly Hills today and asked me to come with her for the drive. I hate driving in La traffic ..but I couldn't let her go alone! So while I was warming the car up early this morning ...I threw in the SHP, 5 batteries, and my trusty JR 9503. I dropped her off at the medical spa at 9:30am and used my phone to find the closest flying field around. I ended up at the San Fernando flyers Rc park(huge facility ) at about 10:15. I couldn't believe how many people were flying on a Monday morning ....at least 35-40 in different parts of the facility . I met quite a few people my 3 hours there and I can't tell you enough about the hospitality I was shown! I ended up flying all the way left( in the foamie) area .....but dam the SHP rocks!!!! There was a nice little wind blowing straight down the runway and I flew my whole first two flights in about 40 by 40 feet. Downwind inverted harriers to flip/ elevator (back into the wind) verticle upright tail first harrier landings, downwind torque rolls to half push over flip spin harrier landings, to takeoff hover down wind hand catches .....I can't believe what this plane can do.....limitless. This little plane kills it in the wind..unreal.
James

#4 tominator06 Aug 29, 2011 11:46 PM

It has plenty of awesomeness for sure. It has been great as my first balsa 3d ship. I've been flying the heck out of mine all summer.

#5 3Daddict Aug 30, 2011 05:26 AM

I ordered a new wing for my red SHP, I ordered a blue replacement wing. Only problem now is the servo for the rudder is messed up so now I have to send that back to hitec before I can fly this bird again. It just will not find center, and just keeps moving up and down. Oh well I guess I will just put this plane to the side for now and get my 48'' edge up and going and hopefully by the time I get that built I will have my servo fixed.

#6 Fliprob17 Aug 30, 2011 07:29 AM

checking in

here's a link to the MANUAL for the search

LINK to some ADC Vinyl sticker thingy's to ;)

#7 theKM Aug 30, 2011 08:57 AM

ooh, spiffy new thread.

tominator06, can you resize the pics in the first post, or just upload 'em into RCG?... will make it easier to load for people coming to the thread. was one of the things that was truly annoying about all of doc austin's photo posts including the start of the last shp thread...

#8 tominator06 Aug 30, 2011 11:29 AM

I guess I'll have to figure something else out to post pics. I try attaching from the photobucket site and they are too big. I resize them on photobucket but the IMG code and the direct link code still remain the original size for some reason. I tried downloading them back my computer in the smaller size but the upload fails every time. Gives me a server reset error. IDK I will try again later. I'll figure it out. What is the best size to post? 600x800? Thanks, Tom

#9 theKM Aug 30, 2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tominator06 (Post 19182972)
I guess I'll have to figure something else out to post pics. I try attaching from the photobucket site and they are too big. I resize them on photobucket but the IMG code and the direct link code still remain the original size for some reason. I tried downloading them back my computer in the smaller size but the upload fails every time. Gives me a server reset error. IDK I will try again later. I'll figure it out. What is the best size to post? 600x800? Thanks, Tom

if you click the edit button, then "go advanced" button, on the next screen will be a "manage attachments" button that will launch a new window with a series of fields where you can upload pics. should be just as easy as uploading to photo bucket. RCG will then create all the thumbnails and all that jazz.

#10 cwojcik Aug 30, 2011 11:37 AM

I would also suggest using imgur.com for photo hosting if you want to skip photobucket and there is some reason you also want to skip RCG photo hosting. Reliable, free, drag-and-drop, has built-in resize and crop options, no sign-up or accounts needed, plenty of bandwidth.

#11 tominator06 Aug 30, 2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theKM (Post 19183024)
if you click the edit button, then "go advanced" button, on the next screen will be a "manage attachments" button that will launch a new window with a series of fields where you can upload pics. should be just as easy as uploading to photo bucket. RCG will then create all the thumbnails and all that jazz.

That's exactly what I did. I just kept getting the serve reset error when uploading from my computer. Or if I tried to upload from photobucket to the attachment area they were too large of files. I will try again now. I'll figure it out. :D

#12 gabrielisrael Aug 30, 2011 01:04 PM

Any word yet on 3DHS or their dealers getting in some new SHP ARF kits?

I wrecked my beloved SHP a month or so ago and am patiently waiting for another ARF kit.

Thanks....

#13 SnowDog1974 Aug 30, 2011 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tominator06 (Post 19183676)
That's exactly what I did. I just kept getting the serve reset error when uploading from my computer. Or if I tried to upload from photobucket to the attachment area they were too large of files. I will try again now. I'll figure it out. :D

I usually crop files to 1024x768 or so before uploading them to RCG.
Larger files seem to cause problems.

#14 tominator06 Aug 30, 2011 01:07 PM

Phew I got it. Went from http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/y...ileys/hair.gif to :D

#15 SnowDog1974 Aug 30, 2011 01:15 PM

I'm new to this thread; why was the old one closed?
p.s. Glad you got the photo fixed; that was keeping me awake at night worrying about it.;)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:14 PM.