RC Groups

RC Groups
    Foamies (Scratchbuilt)
        Discussion gee bee r3 fantasy racer no more lurking

#1 snowplane2 Jul 14, 2011 02:29 PM

gee bee r3 fantasy racer no more lurking

2 Attachment(s)
after years of lurking I have decided to make me first scratch build a geebee r3

I have a cnc machine I am going to cut it into a chunk of pink foam to start see how it comes out wish me luck

#2 snowplane2 Jul 14, 2011 03:25 PM

wow

1 Attachment(s)
took longer to find the camera then it did to cut I make this with a 1/4 bit cause thats all I had that will work on foam the foam is easy to sand so I will go cut the other half glue them then sand them down accoring to vetric aspire the cut time is 10.14 seconds

#3 Rusty-Gunn Jul 14, 2011 05:39 PM

Sweet, sweet, sweet. What is the length of the fuselage?

#4 snowplane2 Jul 14, 2011 06:03 PM

small

2 Attachment(s)
it is small 11" it is for my parkzone brick my motor fried last night though so whats a no go till monday

I made a mistake on the fuse so I dat to recut but all in all it only took 40 min to cut recut sand and glue

hobby king sent me the wrong motor props so I can not even go brushless on the DSM2 6-channel Ultra Receiver but monday I hope to get the replacement motor have some vids of her flying

I have a question if the fuse is 11" what should the wing size be is there a proper ratio or just what ever I want?

thanks for the comments Rusty-Gunn you were one of the first people I looked at making diy planes and I said one day I hjave too do that took 4 yeas but i am doing it now

#5 Rusty-Gunn Jul 15, 2011 05:25 PM

I had thought this one would be about 20 to 30 inches long.

#6 snowplane2 Jul 16, 2011 12:50 AM

Next

This is a test for my cnc make sure it cut it nicely the next one will be 17 " fuse