RC Groups

RC Groups
    Hand Launch
        Discussion New Mexico DLG Happenings...

#1 ASK Jul 11, 2011 07:42 PM

New Mexico DLG Happenings...

Hello New Mexico Hand Launch Enthusiasts!

It is time for hand launch in New Mexico to become a state-wide activity.

We have the sponsorship of the ASA (Albuquerque Soaring Association), one of the best RC soaring clubs in the country. Nothing could be better. But the ASA is broadly focused across many RC Soaring disciplines, and our hand launch pilots are increasingly spread out. Many ASA members concentrate in other disciplines, and many do not fly hand launch at all.

I propose we create this thread as a new center of gravity and communications for New Mexico DLG flying, and continue to associate closely with the ASA, especially for contests.

Time to speak up guys. Put your names forward, and I'll create a semi-private contact list for us to share. As of last count, I know of ten active hand launch pilots statewide.

As the summer goes on, I encourage you all to take part in the Blue Skies Hand Launch Challenge, continuing at Blue Skies over Colorado, Utah, and Arizona.

And let's invent a schedule for next year, compatible with the ASA calendar, but allowing us to run a semi-independent series of one day hand launch events placed conveniently throughout the state.

Aradhana Singh Khalsa
Espanola, NM

#2 cptsnoopy Jul 11, 2011 10:04 PM

Cool Aradhana,

Another thread I can peek at while surfing RCGroups.com!

Charlie
:)

#3 ShadowFalken Jul 11, 2011 10:09 PM

Ditto on that comment Charlie.

I think every state needs a thread like this.

Good stuff Aradhana Singh

#4 glidermang Jul 11, 2011 10:28 PM

ASK:

Greetings from the Southern End!

I can get up to ABQ (or even to Espanola) for a weekend easier than I can get to Tucson. Please count on me.

Yours, Greg

#5 xbted Jul 12, 2011 12:57 AM

Aradhana, thanks for the great contest this past weekend. I got a chance to stop by the Soaring Museum today on the way out of town, and that was pretty cool. They'd like to meet some R/C people if there's time after a contest one of these days. Good luck with the DLG group!

#6 Teezer Jul 12, 2011 10:52 AM

Espanola and points north would be good for me... :)

#7 J_Arner Jul 12, 2011 11:04 AM

I'll be peeking in like Charlie. I enjoy these local/state threads. However anywhere in NM is a long drive from here ;).

#8 ASK Jul 12, 2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishjunky (Post 18740674)
I'll be peeking in like Charlie. I enjoy these local/state threads. However anywhere in NM is a long drive from here ;).

As is anywhere in CO, AZ, and UT, from here.

The purpose of this thread is to encourage growth and participation in hand launch within New Mexico.

Pilots from other states are always welcome. My sense is that travel out-of-state for a 1 day event is "too much for not enough".

However, for 2-3 days I'll travel anywhere in the U.S., time and schedule permitting. The current 2 day event here is Blue Skies over New Mexico.

I only occasionally travel to CO and AZ for one day contests.

#9 J_Arner Jul 12, 2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASK (Post 18740971)
The purpose of this thread is to encourage growth and participation in hand launch within New Mexico.

Absolutely! These threads are invaluable to promoting local participation. Best of luck in adding to your numbers there in NM.

#10 like.2.fly Jul 12, 2011 06:18 PM

Subscribed.

Cool, another western state thread for DLG! And it's our good friends on the southeast of the 4-corner alliance (NM, AZ, CO, UT). We are proud to be a part of the Blue Skies series, and wish all the best to our NM friends. It was great to see some old and new faces at BSONM last weekend. I enjoyed the event very much, and I hope your local numbers continue to grow. Can't wait 'till we can all get together and play again... :)

Mike M.

#11 Tmfury Jul 15, 2011 11:26 PM

Hey guys can we have some monthly flying sessions round Nm?

#12 ASK Jul 16, 2011 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmfury (Post 18774567)
Hey guys can we have some monthly flying sessions round Nm?

I'm game. Options to start:

1) July 30th is the ASA hand launch, and I plan to hold it at Gardner Turfgrass in Moriarty. Of course, it could be held anywhere.

2) Elsewhere? Where are you? Anyone else want to suggest a spot?

#13 skylerraver Jul 16, 2011 09:32 AM

How about mesa del sol in abq

#14 Tmfury Jul 16, 2011 09:45 AM

Hey guys. Im in alb a really nice field is the infield @ the downs of Santa fe racetrack

#15 glidermang Jul 16, 2011 09:45 AM

ASK:

I'm currently signed up for the Beat-the-Heat in Tucson on the 30th, but if you are going to have an event at the Turf Farm, I would consider that, instead. It's a bit closer. Or, somewhere besides the Turf Farm, in the ABQ area.

Could there be camping Friday night?

Thinking of a task list, yet?

Yours, Greg