RC Groups

RC Groups
    Radios
        Poll Did your DX8 have to be sent back for service?

#1 Victory Pete Jul 08, 2011 05:07 AM

Did your DX8 have to be sent back for service?

Did your DX8 have to be sent back for service for any reason. This does not include damage caused by user mishaps. Thanks for your participation.
VP

#2 freechip Jul 08, 2011 05:59 AM

Yes twice, FIRST was end of flying season last year for AR6200 Flashing issues which I beleived was DX8 related. DX8 returned from HH with issue still existing. Second trip is right now for the DSM2/DSMX issue. It's said by other members/owners that this new fix addresses the AR6200 flashing issue I had. Can't confirm myself yet since it just got service yesterday and it's on its way back now... First trip put me out for a little over 3 weeks but not a big deal since it was end of season for me.. This time around by the time it's back in my hands it's going to be a month without my DX8 but this time in prime season :( I am probably going to get duty taxes and fees also :( but not 100% on that part..

#3 JRuggiero Jul 08, 2011 06:20 AM

I also had to send my DX8 back twice. First time was for a gimbal fix, second time was for the DSM2 issue, which had not affected me.

A couple of years ago, I should have sent my DX6i to HH for the Model Match 9 and 10 identity problem, but I failed to do so.

I should note that, in terms of problems, neither of my DX transmitters had the computer problem that my 72 mHz Futaba 7C had some years back. And the 7C's operating manual was riddled with errors.

#4 Victory Pete Jul 15, 2011 10:44 AM

Any more voters out there?
VP

#5 brodjack Jul 15, 2011 10:46 AM

Yes,heres one,mine sent back,not to HH,but for a full refund from the supplier.:)

#6 Victory Pete Jul 15, 2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brodjack (Post 18768918)
Yes,heres one,mine sent back,not to HH,but for a full refund from the supplier.:)

I did the same thing back in December.
VP

#7 brodjack Jul 15, 2011 10:53 AM

Perhaps we must be the only ones with any sense then on here..lol

#8 Telrin Jul 15, 2011 05:57 PM

4 times for me.

Vibration alarm, DSMX upgrade (one of the supposed '400'), the recent bulletin.

On the third return HH sent be back a brand new radio, which turned out to be faulty so that went back making 4 in total.

For the record, at that point I went out and bought an 8FG ...

#9 DenverJayhawk Jul 15, 2011 11:47 PM

nope. And i got a free bonus receiver. All issues per bulletins are resolved. I must have one of the new batches.

#10 ATK Jul 16, 2011 07:01 AM

Nope, no problems with mine.

#11 aerocal Jul 16, 2011 02:23 PM

Mine from the original release shipment and Ive had no reason to send it in for service of any kind.Except for the occasional week when the boss(me) makes me work so hard that Im too tired to fly it gets used pretty much daily.

#12 Victory Pete Jul 16, 2011 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerocal (Post 18778423)
Mine from the original release shipment and Ive had no reason to send it in for service of any kind.Except for the occasional week when the boss(me) makes me work so hard that Im too tired to fly it gets used pretty much daily.

Do you have a listed PID code?
VP

#13 aerocal Jul 17, 2011 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Victory Pete (Post 18778773)
Do you have a listed PID code?
VP

Pete
I guess you have forgotten.I have the original PID code.That means it is listed in every SB from day one.It has not shown me any reason to be sent in for service yet.Ive had a great experience with it so far and fully expect to continue more of the same.

#14 Victory Pete Jul 17, 2011 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerocal (Post 18782385)
Pete
I guess you have forgotten.I have the original PID code.That means it is listed in every SB from day one.It has not shown me any reason to be sent in for service yet.Ive had a great experience with it so far and fully expect to continue more of the same.

Isnt that living dangerously? You have a lot of faith.
VP

#15 guy hanson Jul 17, 2011 12:18 PM

I also have one DX8 with ALL the latest updates and one which has not had any service - both work perfectly and on any rx I choose - this is far more common than you may think.
Faith -
never was much on faith based buying - I use em - test em and if necessary fix em or have em fixed.
It appears Aerocal does the same --