RC Groups

RC Groups
    Scratchbuilt EDFs
        Build Log B767

#1 cetorca Jun 30, 2011 06:24 AM

B767

1 Attachment(s)
I'm in the design phase of a B767-200F (Freighter) Wich is the one that I actually fly.
It's going to be 61" span and Wemotec minifan powered.
It will have Custom made retracts and RDS (rotary drive system) for the ailerons.

#2 cetorca Jun 30, 2011 06:46 AM

Edf

3 Attachment(s)
To keep the exhaust cone scale, I split the exit cone in two. One cone inside the other. The sum of both are 80% FSA

#3 flyhawk Jun 30, 2011 07:01 AM

Nice work :) Keep posted this lovely plane. Im very curious.
What kind of building material you want to use?

Frankie

#4 cetorca Jun 30, 2011 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyhawk (Post 18636455)
Nice work :) Keep posted this lovely plane. Im very curious.
What kind of building material you want to use?

Frankie

It's going to be fiberglass covered balsa with carbon fiber reinforcement.
Wings CNC foam cutted.

#5 cetorca Jun 30, 2011 08:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is how the fan flow is splitted to mantain the exhast cone scale.

#6 cetorca Jun 30, 2011 08:50 AM

Change to build log

How do I change this thread from discussion to build Log?

#7 jweber009 Jun 30, 2011 12:34 PM

Edit post#1 and go advanced.... then you can change the prefix.

Your projekt looks really interesting.... I'll be watching.

#8 LuvEvolution7 Jun 30, 2011 12:43 PM

the only thing I would worry about, is if that inner cone bottle necks the airflow and stalls the fan out. this is the problem when doing an airliner, because usually, something's got to give from a true scale outline. this is especially true of engines and their associated nacelles, pods, etc. this is why I choose RR powered airliners, because they are easier to give a scale look to them. LOL. :)

#9 cetorca Jun 30, 2011 02:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7 (Post 18639066)
the only thing I would worry about, is if that inner cone bottle necks the airflow and stalls the fan out. this is the problem when doing an airliner, because usually, something's got to give from a true scale outline. this is especially true of engines and their associated nacelles, pods, etc. this is why I choose RR powered airliners, because they are easier to give a scale look to them. LOL. :)

Luv, What I have tough to solve that is to shape the motor heat sink as a cone that allows to enter the exact mass air for the cone area, the remaining air mass will flow through the outer exhaust cone as shown.

#10 cetorca Jun 30, 2011 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jweber009 (Post 18639006)
Edit post#1 and go advanced.... then you can change the prefix.

Your projekt looks really interesting.... I'll be watching.

Thanks.

#11 cetorca Jun 30, 2011 02:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is how it looks. There is the outer area which is the difference between the FSA and the Inner cone oulet area.

#12 wora Jun 30, 2011 04:01 PM

quite nice, what would happen if you use mesh for doing this cone?

I thinking to make my inlet cones scale looking from mesh.

ps. what program you use for design?

#13 LuvEvolution7 Jun 30, 2011 04:24 PM

I think your cone idea should be ok for an airliner application. you aren't going to need all kinds of power to fly and efflux shouldn't be an issue either. if it were a speed design, that cone would cause you all kinds of problems I think. here, it should be fine. the only way you'll know for sure is when it flies, because you'll hear the fan stalling, if it does indeed cause it to. :)

#14 cetorca Jun 30, 2011 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wora (Post 18640770)
quite nice, what would happen if you use mesh for doing this cone?

I thinking to make my inlet cones scale looking from mesh.

ps. what program you use for design?

Wora, I'm not sure what you mean, could you explain it please?
The program is Rhino 4.0

#15 cetorca Jun 30, 2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7 (Post 18640963)
I think your cone idea should be ok for an airliner application. you aren't going to need all kinds of power to fly and efflux shouldn't be an issue either. if it were a speed design, that cone would cause you all kinds of problems I think. here, it should be fine. the only way you'll know for sure is when it flies, because you'll hear the fan stalling, if it does indeed cause it to. :)

Luv, that's what I though. I dont expect it to be stalled but only tests will tell.