RC Groups

RC Groups
    Motorcycles
        Discussion New Kyosho micro bike with gyro !

#1 lalain May 24, 2011 02:01 PM

New Kyosho micro bike with gyro !

It was at Nuremberg Kyosho stand:
IMG_1492.MOV (0 min 20 sec)

1/18 or 1/16 ?
It seem very easy :cool:

#2 popdada May 24, 2011 03:42 PM

cool

#3 deen247 May 24, 2011 05:00 PM

looks great for front room racing

#4 HECTOR2369 May 24, 2011 06:52 PM

Very nice! is it avilable:confused:

#5 stubbyphilips May 24, 2011 06:56 PM

I like the hand and hearing no no no no.
It seems top secret.

#6 Akura2 May 24, 2011 07:25 PM

I can't find anymore info.....

#7 Akura2 May 24, 2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stubbyphilips (Post 18323530)
I like the hand and hearing no no no no.
It seems top secret.

That IS funny....

#8 Lukey B May 24, 2011 08:46 PM

Looks cool... I want one... And I want one now Daddy...

Recon I can get a screw driver and scratch off what looks like the Fiat Yamaha colours... And maybe convert it to a Repsol Honda...

Being a Kyosho bike though, I imagine there will be a few models to choose from when they become available... I hope so anyway...

#9 Roofas May 24, 2011 08:48 PM

I am with you on this one Luke, I want one now..! :)

#10 choook May 24, 2011 09:52 PM

with all this intrest and needing them now thay may just dubble in prise lol

#11 deen247 May 25, 2011 06:24 AM

:cool:its about time kyosho got back into bikes i loved the h.o.r
as did so many other people just wish they would make a new generation 1/8th or 1/5th
come on kyosho gives what we want:D:D:D

#12 Akura2 May 25, 2011 12:03 PM

true... I can't believe they've been making that bike (the HOR) in it's current form for more than 20 years... all they need to do is update the bodywork.. (for the most part)

I'm really surprised that Tamiya, as a long-time competitor to Kyosho in a lot of ways, hasn't come out with a 1/12-scale RC bike... they have the licensing for almost ALL of the bikes out there, they already have the molds for the bodywork from their model line, they could release a generic chassis, and then give body options from its model line like Kyosho did with its Mini-Z cars

Chris Nicastro proved that a direct-steering, 1/12-scale RC bike made from a Tamoya model could be done.. and that was way before Lipos and Micro electronics

#13 Torrance May 25, 2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akura2 (Post 18329663)
true... I can't believe they've been making that bike (the HOR) in it's current form for more than 20 years... all they need to do is update the bodywork.. (for the most part)

I'm really surprised that Tamiya, as a long-time competitor to Kyosho in a lot of ways, hasn't come out with a 1/12-scale RC bike... they have the licensing for almost ALL of the bikes out there, they already have the molds for the bodywork from their model line, they could release a generic chassis, and then give body options from its model line like Kyosho did with its Mini-Z cars

Chris Nicastro proved that a direct-steering, 1/12-scale RC bike made from a Tamoya model could be done.. and that was way before Lipos and Micro electronics

it's not a question of whether it can or can't be done. it all comes down to whether the product decision maker is a 'biker' or not. if the guy calling the shots is a non-biker then chances are it aint gonna happen.

#14 Akura2 May 25, 2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torrance (Post 18329788)
it's not a question of whether it can or can't be done. it all comes down to whether the product decision maker is a 'biker' or not. if the guy calling the shots is a non-biker then chances are it aint gonna happen.

Meh... :)

I understand

but even the bean-counters should have seen what Kyosho has done (producing the same bike for 20+ years and it STILL sells)... and I'm sure the big T makes a killing off the 1/12 scale models... having the ability to paint and model bodywork and details... and then DRIVE it, should have appealed to both modelers and RC guys alike... my guess is there is a biker SOMEwhere in the decision-making process or else they wouldn't put out new model bikes every year and pay for THAT kind of licensing...

even if they developed a basic, upgradeable chassis that they could sell separately that would fit most of the body styles, I think that would have been cool

I would REALLY like to have something that could race on a decent sized indoor RCP track setup... I guess that is what Kyosho is doing with that micro gyro bike... it can be slowed down enough to run on one of those tracks

#15 Torrance May 25, 2011 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akura2 (Post 18329987)
but even the bean-counters should have seen what Kyosho has done (producing the same bike for 20+ years and it STILL sells)

you don't want bean counters anywhere near bike sales numbers. because when they see the comparison of how much bike sales they have versus car sales they're gonna axe all the bikes. why do you think kyosho STILL sells the same old 90's era gp bikes? i'm guessing they can't even justify the cost of making a new body tool to fit over the old frame.

i know at TT we had to use some jedi mind tricks just to make the SB-5 happen. i've had that design concept since 2004 but didn't get the green light for the project till 2008.