RC Groups

RC Groups
    3D Flying
        Discussion Pitts Python Crash : (

#1 rc flyer dude Mar 31, 2011 08:56 PM

Pitts Python Crash : (

Hi, I was flying my Pitts Python today and it crashed. I flew one battery pack through it and everything was great. On the second battery it was flying good for about two minutes. Then it started rolling to the right and I had no control except for the throttle. All I could do was watch it fall to the ground. This was my first big crash. The whole front was destroyed. The cowl cracked and the top wing broke off. I have a Spektrum Dx6i and it has been working great. The battery voltage was at 5.1 volts. I am not sure for the reason of the crash. Does anybody have any ideas for the reason of the crash and do you know if this can be fixed?

#2 TG43 Mar 31, 2011 11:06 PM

Sorry to hear that. That's a bummer. What receiver were you using?

#3 cryhavoc38 Mar 31, 2011 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rc flyer dude (Post 17845128)
Hi, I was flying my Pitts Python today and it crashed. I flew one battery pack through it and everything was great. On the second battery it was flying good for about two minutes. Then it started rolling to the right and I had no control except for the throttle. All I could do was watch it fall to the ground. This was my first big crash. The whole front was destroyed. The cowl cracked and the top wing broke off. I have a Spektrum Dx6i and it has been working great. The battery voltage was at 5.1 volts. I am not sure for the reason of the crash. Does anybody have any ideas for the reason of the crash and do you know if this can be fixed?

first...what pitts python.
second..your battery voltage was at 5.1v
I'm going to assume this was a separate 4.8v nixx battery pack?
If so, how old was it and had you ever checked it under load?

you said you had throttle control? full control or did the throttle go to fail safe?

#4 E-reevo Apr 01, 2011 12:05 AM

If I am correct its a Sebart.
Chris? :(

#5 rc flyer dude Apr 01, 2011 12:16 AM

Thanks guys. I was using a Spektrum AR6100e and its made by Zero Gravity.

#6 Figure.N9ne Apr 01, 2011 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cryhavoc38 (Post 17846500)
first...what pitts python.
second..your battery voltage was at 5.1v
I'm going to assume this was a separate 4.8v nixx battery pack?
If so, how old was it and had you ever checked it under load?

you said you had throttle control? full control or did the throttle go to fail safe?

I'm pretty sure he meant transmitter voltage.

#7 smelyal8r Apr 01, 2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rc flyer dude (Post 17846636)

What firmware version is that 6100e? If it's anything besides 1.6 you may have experienced a lockout. Horizon will update the firmware for free if you send it to them.

#8 TG43 Apr 01, 2011 01:50 PM

I wonder where you got that receiver? The clones don't have very good range, I found out. Probobly not a receiver issue though if you had throttle.

#9 smelyal8r Apr 01, 2011 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TG43 (Post 17851257)
I wonder where you got that receiver? The clones don't have very good range, I found out. Probobly not a receiver issue though if you had throttle.

That's true, during a lockout you would have no control over anything.

#10 TG43 Apr 01, 2011 02:23 PM

It could have "felt" to him like he had throttle is what I was thinking is all. One of my planes almost "went in" with a clone 6100 with a buddy of mine flying it. It happened fast but he freaked out and showed me he had no control. Then signal came back and he was able to land. He said it picked up speed. I think it could feel like he had throttle but not.

I guess I'd range check that rx just out of curiosity. We found the clones were ok by spektrums standards but the real spektrums range checked 2 or 3 times the distance of the clone.

Just trying to solve the mystery. I could be way out in left field.

#11 cryhavoc38 Apr 01, 2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rc flyer dude (Post 17846636)

now thats a shame.
a great kit while they were allowed to be sold!

too nice to have had an ar6100e unfortunately.
:(

post a pic of the receiver. There is a way to tell if its a clone or the real deal.
if its a v1.6 (brownout and quick connect version) there will be a sticker or the ver number at the top of the receiver.

If the real deal, another unfortunate spektrum mystery lockout possibly.

#12 rc flyer dude Apr 01, 2011 05:55 PM

Do they not sell the Zero Gravity PittS Python anymore? Could it have been the radio voltage? When I came home I plugged in the battery and everything was working which was weird. The Dx6i manuel says not to fly if the radio voltage is under 4.8 volts and I was flying at 5.1 volts. If this model is not available any more is there another Pitts Python?

#13 E-reevo Apr 01, 2011 07:22 PM

Get a Sebart Chris.

#14 rc flyer dude Apr 01, 2011 08:40 PM

Do I need a different battery for the Sebart Mark?

#15 E-reevo Apr 01, 2011 08:57 PM

http://www.sebart.it/50E-class.html Thats the link, I think you could use two of them to make 6s for it :) .