RC Groups

RC Groups
    Parkflyers
        What Does "Glider Version" Mean on TX for sale?

#1 metalworker Aug 11, 2003 04:34 PM

What Does "Glider Version" Mean on TX for sale?

I am looking at an Ebay offering for a Slow Stick that seems to have most of what I want but the Hitec Laser 4 is clearly identified (IN CAPS!) as a glider model. What does this mean to ma as a potential Slow Stick user?

#2 10Thumbs Aug 11, 2003 05:46 PM

Means that the TX comes with RX and servos meant for a glider. In this case it is the 555 RX and HS-81 servos. The standard Laser 4 kit comes with large servos and an 8-channel RX, which are bigger than what you want for the Slow Stick. The Laser 4 micro system comes with the Feather RX and HS-55 servos, which would work for the SS, but many people feel the Feather RX is a poor quality RX (I have not had any trouble with my Feather RX, but wouldn't buy another one either).

GO to www.hitecrcd.com/Radios/RadioHome.htm and select the Laser 4 FM link to find out more yourself.

#3 babblefish Aug 11, 2003 07:57 PM

It may also mean it has mixes suited for gliders such as Flaperon, Camber and Spoileron. Of course, these mixes can be used in powered planes too, but are more normal for gliders.

#4 Mark Wood Aug 11, 2003 10:03 PM

From Hitec's Products page:

Laser 4G Glider System (Stock#-156722) - Includes Micro "555" Micro Receiver, 3 HS-81 Micro Servos, 600mAh Transmitter battery and Overnight Charger, AAA Battery box and Micro switch.

mw