RC Groups

RC Groups
    R/C Blogs
        Discussion New Bird - Parkzone Mosquito MK VI

#1 Fish99 Mar 17, 2011 01:51 PM

New Bird - Parkzone Mosquito MK VI

Well, my wife was VERY kind to me and bought a new PZ Mosquito for me as an anniversary gift! (Can't beat that can you guys!) I have had it up 6 or 7 times now and LOVE this thing. It's very stable, though in higher winds you have to manage it a bit like a glider as it has a huge wing area.

The weather has been bad in that we still have tons of snow, so finding a place to fly has been challenging. I have been using an open field by a roadway in the sub-division as well as the parking lot of a movie theater when it is not in use. Here is a video of the first flight without wind where I truly got to test out the Mossie and see how it flew.

PZ Mosquito UM Test Flight (7 min 12 sec)

I have since been doing a LOT of low flying, touch and gos, chandelles, loops, rolls, etc., in the parking lot and this plane flies great. The twin engines sound unique and amazing. I am going to try to get a video of the plane at the theater flying lower and closer in so you can get a better feel for just how awesome it looks and flies.

NOTE See the comments for links to MORE videos! The next one is some close quarters flying in a parking lot, touch and goes, slow and lows, loops, rolls, even some inverted flying, all in 10 km/hr winds with some gusting going on!

Marlin

#2 Fish99 Mar 18, 2011 12:28 AM

Close Quarters Flying with the Mosquito

Here is the vid from a flight today at the local theater parking lot. Lots of touch and goes, some loops, rolls and even inverted flying. There was a pretty good little breeze and some gusting going on (about 10 km/hr) but the Mossie handled it like a champ!

Love this plane,

Marlin

Parkzone Mosquito Parking Lot Flying (6 min 3 sec)