RC Groups

RC Groups
    Radios
        Discussion reversing an ESC

#1 Terry Rigden Mar 15, 2011 03:15 PM

reversing an ESC

Is it possible to reverse the "direction" of an ESC ? I would like to use 2 models on the same transmitter without fiddling with reversing the throttle channel. But they require opposite stick settings for low throttle ie one needs long pulses for low throttle the other one needs short ?

Regards

Terry

#2 coriolan Mar 15, 2011 03:38 PM

Thats very unusual, Futaba Tx have reverse pulse from everybody else but I had the impression that all esc had the same signal protocol! Maybe you could use an electronic servo reverser between the Rx and esc.
http://www.emsjomar.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=6

#3 John Kim Mar 15, 2011 03:51 PM

It is easy with brushless ESC. Just switch any two wires and rotation can be reversed.

Wtih brush ESC, switch wires at the motor terminals.

#4 Dave H. Mar 15, 2011 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Kim (Post 17690758)
It is easy with brushless ESC. Just switch any two wires and rotation can be reversed.

He doesn't want to reverse the prop direction. Like coriolan, I've never seen an ESC that has a "Futaba-style" throttle. But if, so, maybe that ESC has a reversing option. Perhaps it is that way because a reversing option was already selected accidentally.

#5 Daedalus66 Mar 15, 2011 10:27 PM

There are a few ESCs that require "Futaba direction" input. Nothing you can do about it other than get another ESC.

Don't confuse this with reversing the direction of rotation, which, as notes above, is easy.