RC Groups

RC Groups
    Vendor Talk
        Ok I give up...

#1 toofastdave Aug 04, 2003 09:48 PM

Ok I give up...

Anyone know where to get the kind of plastic tubing Dubro uses in their micro push rod kits?? I am going on the second night of wasted internet searching. I have already ordered one type of tubing, but it was the flexible kind... can't use it.

The tubing has to have an ID of .045 minimum, and .058-.062 outer max.... Hints... suggestions... ?? aaaahhhhhh
I am looking to buy large qty for kitting...

Maybe the correct word is hollow rod?? But no luck on anything that small either..

Thanks in advance,
Dave

#2 rcav8r2 Aug 04, 2003 09:52 PM

Been looking for a few years now to use with pull pull cables... Have to admit I didn't look too hard, but didn't find anything.. ;(

Maybe one of the "kitters" can tell us. I know I saw some nice ones in my Mountain Models Cessna. :D :D

#3 toofastdave Aug 05, 2003 12:16 AM

haha well I'm glad I'm not the only one... Hey Doug, Bill.. can you help a fellow kitter wanna be out here?? :D

Dave

#4 CoClimber Aug 05, 2003 10:38 AM

Dave,

It won't help you. The tubing in the Cessna came from a local surplus store.

If the Dubro tubing works, contact Dubo directly. They'll work with you.

Doug

#5 hoppy Aug 05, 2003 01:24 PM

I take it that the Sullivan push/pull stuff won't work for you?
http://www.sullivanproducts.com/GoldnRodContent.htm

hoppy

#6 toofastdave Aug 05, 2003 04:15 PM

The Sullivan stuff is fine, but the pre-cut holes in my formers are set for Dubro hardware, which I want to stick as close as possible to. I like the mini clevis and the other hardware that comes from Dubro better too.. The Sullivan plastic tubes have a larger diameter (and are a heavier gauge plastic)

I would like to buy from Dubro, but they have not returned my email yet.

Dave

#7 WJ Birmingham Aug 06, 2003 01:09 AM

Try contacting Kathy Wieland. She returned my e-mails promptly.

#8 toofastdave Aug 07, 2003 11:33 PM

Dubro

I got in touch with Dubro today. Gonna include the Dubro 20 inch Micro Pushrod Kits with my G-NAT. As soon as I get the Push rods in.. I should be able to close the box and put a for sale sign on these little suckers... h ehe

Thanks for all of the help guys...

Regards,
Dave

#9 Speed-3 Aug 08, 2003 02:31 AM

Re: Ok I give up...

Greeting's David.............

A hobby shop ;)

Ken

Quote:

Originally posted by toofastdave
Anyone know where to get the kind of plastic tubing Dubro uses in their micro push rod kits?? I am going on the second night of wasted internet searching. I have already ordered one type of tubing, but it was the flexible kind... can't use it.

The tubing has to have an ID of .045 minimum, and .058-.062 outer max.... Hints... suggestions... ?? aaaahhhhhh
I am looking to buy large qty for kitting...

Maybe the correct word is hollow rod?? But no luck on anything that small either..

Thanks in advance,
Dave

#10 toofastdave Aug 08, 2003 06:32 AM

haha very funny :D

Dave

#11 drksyd Aug 10, 2003 01:56 AM

I actually did find tubing at a lhs, bought the last of what they had.

#12 toofastdave Aug 10, 2003 10:37 AM

I was just replying to Ken, he's a friend of mine and was being a little sarchastic.. :)

My LHS doesn't carry anything like that so I have to buy the full Dubro pushrod kits at 5.00 each.. It pretty much kills any profit margin you have in your kits if you have to pay retail for everything.

Dave

#13 Speed-3 Aug 10, 2003 10:39 AM

A good freind in fact! :)
Have a great day Dave nice web site........

Ken

Quote:

Originally posted by toofastdave
I was just replying to Ken, he's a friend of mine and was being a little sarchastic.. :)

My LHS doesn't carry anything like that so I have to buy the full Dubro pushrod kits at 5.00 each.. It pretty much kills any profit margin you have in your kits if you have to pay retail for everything.

Dave

#14 toofastdave Aug 10, 2003 11:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey Ken,

Check out Kit#2....

Dave

#15 flailing Aug 11, 2003 12:13 PM

I have some from an electronics supply house, it's used as wire insulation.