RC Groups

RC Groups
    Racing Boats - Electric
        Discussion HK-GT3B AFHDS 2.4ghz 3 Channel Radio System

#1 Flying Barry Feb 01, 2011 12:30 AM

HK-GT3B AFHDS 2.4ghz 3 Channel Radio System
 
Hey Guys's just noticed that HK have the HK-GT3B AFHDS 2.4ghz 3 Channel Radio System in stock.....for how long, who knows....

Same as Flysky and Eurgle model.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=16199

Barry

#2 nick30head Feb 01, 2011 01:57 AM

thats a goos price from HK, reminds me of the DX3S (10 model memory etc) but much cheaper, be good if they started making other receiver's like spektrum do, certainly give them a run for there money

if anyone has one of these, then lets no how it performs in the field

#3 Flying Barry Feb 01, 2011 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick30head (Post 17274282)
thats a goos price from HK, reminds me of the DX3S (10 model memory etc) but much cheaper, be good if they started making other receiver's like spektrum do, certainly give them a run for there money

if anyone has one of these, then lets no how it performs in the field

I have the Eurgle model from R2Hobbies and it works flawlessly with Gas, Nitro and electric.

http://www.r2hobbies.com/eng/proddet...od=rcps2805004

Oh! The 3 CH RX is compatible between Eurgle, HK and i think Flysky versions also.

Barry

#4 nick30head Feb 01, 2011 02:18 AM

soounds excellent barry, i had the flysky version but some new receivers would'nt bind so thats why i went with spektrum in the end, like you i've had no problems with mine except frying one

#5 Flying Barry Feb 01, 2011 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick30head (Post 17274353)
soounds excellent barry, i had the flysky version but some new receivers would'nt bind so thats why i went with spektrum in the end, like you i've had no problems with mine except frying one

Frying one, how did you do that........:eek:

#6 witespy Feb 14, 2011 09:41 AM

Hello.

I can not find the charging plug polarity in the manual :(

is the inside + or - ??

anyone know?


can I use this charger .



http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...2/IMAG1024.jpg
http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...2/IMAG1025.jpg
http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...2/IMAG1026.jpg
http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...2/IMAG1025.jpg

#7 wparsons Feb 14, 2011 09:50 AM

I can't see the markings on the charge plug well enough in those pictures, but it should indicate which part is which polarity.

#8 witespy Feb 14, 2011 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wparsons (Post 17404028)
I can't see the markings on the charge plug well enough in those pictures, but it should indicate which part is which polarity.

No markings on the charge plug on mine

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...2/IMAG1028.jpg

#9 wparsons Feb 14, 2011 11:50 AM

Go HK! Is there anything in the manual? I'll check my GT2 TX when I get home if I remember to see if the manual says anything, or if the case is marked.

Worst case I bet the board inside is marked in some way.

#10 Flying Barry Feb 14, 2011 12:56 PM

Hi witespy, normally the + inside pin and - outside buy you need rechargeable batteries of course. You can find the manual here for the Eurgle 2.4Ghz 3Ch, same controller just different name and the flysky is the same also.

Barry

#11 witespy Feb 14, 2011 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying Barry (Post 17405657)
Hi witespy, normally the + inside pin and - outside buy you need rechargeable batteries of course. You can find the manual here for the Eurgle 2.4Ghz 3Ch, same controller just different name and the flysky is the same also.

Barry

I know but spectrum stuff is - Inside pin. + outside.

#12 wparsons Feb 15, 2011 06:29 AM

Just checked my HK GT2, no marking at all other than "CHARGE"

#13 wuudogg Jun 07, 2011 09:20 AM

Spektrum charger didn't work.
Futaba does.

(-)-(@-(+)

Center inside +

#14 785boats Jun 08, 2011 12:57 PM

Please be careful using rechargeable batteries, with these systems.
They are designed to run on 12V (8 x 1.5V cells) for the Tx & 6V (4 x 1.5V cells) for the Rx.
Rechargeable 1.2V cells will only give you 9.6V at the Tx & 4.8V at the Rx.
As stated in the manual the Tx gives a low voltage warning at 9.5V & I know that a lot of 2.4 gig receivers can lose signal if the voltage drops below 4.5V under load. I've seen it happen with some of our scale guys in the club. Even with Spectrum systems. They have also lost binding because of low voltage. When they changed to 1.5V duracells the problems went away.
If you are going to use rechargeable cells use at least the 2500mah size. That's what I use & it keeps the voltage up over the drop out limit for a lot longer.
If you are going to use rechargeable cells for the Rx, it's best to make up a 5 cell pack to give you 6V
As I always use the BEC in the ESC's that I use for racing I know that the RX is always getting 5V.
I only mention all this to try & help avoid a dead boat or a runaway boat. Seen them both happen.
I'm not saying that all systems suffer from this problem but some will.
Cheers.
Paul.

#15 wparsons Jun 08, 2011 09:00 PM

nimh and nicad cells give way more than 1.2v when fully charged. My DX6i shows about 5.5v on 4 nimh cells when fully charged.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:29 PM.