RC Groups

RC Groups
    R/C Blogs
        Build Log V-max ECO

#1 Arcteryxxx Jan 18, 2011 04:27 PM

V-max ECO
 
2 Attachment(s)
Well here we go again...
This years project will be my first molded Hotliner - The V-max ECO with a 67" span.
This airframe is also known as the Graupner Speed, Staufenbiel Hawk, Wilco, LanYu, F5B Tiger and is a well proven bird.

I will build mine using Dymond D60s in the wings and a Hyperion Atlas 11 AMB digital "MG-B" servo in the tail.

The rest of the planned setup:

NEU 1115/1Y (finally I've got good use of it!)
Kontronik KPG25 5.2:1 gearbox
Suppo200A ESC
CC bec
RFM turbo spinner
RFM 15*16 folding
Lipos: GensACE 5S2200 30/60C

Here are the two pics I downloaded from the website:

More fotos will follow when I go to work!!!!

#2 Arcteryxxx Jan 20, 2011 03:13 AM

And here is a video of what's to come...
Hawk F5B Teil 2.AVI (2 min 56 sec)

#3 Arcteryxxx Jan 21, 2011 11:56 AM

Delivered by UPS today, only two days after shipment from Austria:D
Must be a world record!

#4 johnnyrocco123 Jan 21, 2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx (Post 17172064)
Delivered by UPS today, only two days after shipment from Austria:D
Must be a world record!

Sweet, start loading the pics. What's the wing length? I am not sure if I am posting correctly. I thought I remembered 67"

#5 Arcteryxxx Jan 21, 2011 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 (Post 17172086)
Sweet, start loading the pics. What's the wing length? I am not sure if I am posting correctly. I thought I remembered 67"

Fuse is 36" and the wing is 66,5". If you count in the curved profile of the wing tips the span will be 67.

#6 Arcteryxxx Jan 21, 2011 01:18 PM

This was in the box
 
6 Attachment(s)
I'll let the pictures do the talking...


Only things missing:

Motor/Gearbox/ESC/battery
Pushrods/clevises
Spinner/prop
RX

PS: Servos were not included......

Should be a quick build:rolleyes:

#7 johnnyrocco123 Jan 21, 2011 02:03 PM

Beef up that firewall. Milled fiberglass with 30 minute epoxy.


You might want to double up that frame mount.

#8 Arcteryxxx Jan 21, 2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 (Post 17173065)
Beef up that firewall. Milled fiberglass with 30 minute epoxy.


You might want to double up that frame mount.

I've ordered this firewall: http://www.modellhobby.de/Accessorie...30&c=124&p=124

What do you mean by doubling the frame mount?

#9 johnnyrocco123 Jan 21, 2011 02:35 PM

I meant either double up that firewall or get a better one. Looks like you already took care if it.


Interested to know if there is ply wood in place in the fuse to bolt on the rear of the wing?

In other words, can you drill out a hole and install a blind nut to secure the wing at the back?

#10 Arcteryxxx Jan 21, 2011 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 (Post 17173322)
I meant either double up that firewall or get a better one. Looks like you already took care if it.


Interested to know if there is ply wood in place in the fuse to bolt on the rear of the wing?

In other words, can you drill out a hole and install a blind nut to secure the wing at the back?

There are 5 nuts molded into the fuse: the three for the wing bolts and two for the horizontal stabilizer. No wood in the fuz at all. It seems like there are nuts molded into the ailerons for the bronze horns as well...
This seems sooooo different compared to what I'm used to with my heavy Strykers. Cakewalk!!!!! (Combination of "Piece of cake" and "Walk in the park". I know it also is the name of an old South State dance, but right now it seems like an appropriate name for this hotliner:))

#11 johnnyrocco123 Jan 21, 2011 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx (Post 17173632)
There are 5 nuts molded into the fuse: the three for the wing bolts and two for the horizontal stabilizer. No wood in the fuz at all. It seems like there are nuts molded into the ailerons for the bronze horns as well...
This seems sooooo different compared to what I'm used to with my heavy Strykers. Cakewalk!!!!! (Combination of "Piece of cake" and "Walk in the park". I know it also is the name of an old South State dance, but right now it seems like an appropriate name for this hotliner:))

Hmm, do you mind taking a few photos of the three wing bolt holes? Also the inside of fuse when you get a chance. Looks good from the initial pics.

Have you measured the inside of the fuse perimeter yet? I know you are thinking "how big a pack?"

#12 Arcteryxxx Jan 22, 2011 06:01 AM

I stumbled across this German build log with some photos and explanations in the language of "ze Germans"....:)
http://www.prop.at/testber/2009/v_max_eco.html

And here is an English translation: (Thanks Google)http://translate.google.com/translat...v_max_eco.html

#13 Arcteryxxx Jan 22, 2011 03:00 PM

What's it gonna take?
 
8 Attachment(s)
How much room is there for LiPos and HardWare? Well...plenty:) Not sure about my 5S4000 45Cs though. Fitting those will need both Vaseline and shoe-horns:o

Here are some photos just taken:


PS: Comments are appreciated!

#14 johnnyrocco123 Jan 22, 2011 03:44 PM

Can you actually fit the 4S 3000mah without trimming?

I am about to buy a few of those exact batteries for my Funjet Ultra. 40C!!

I have some thin Rhino 4S 4900mah 25C that would probably fit it for sure.



I had a very hard time finding a 5S that would fit in my Flash that was big enough to handle the amps.

I finally found the perfect one, Hyperion 5S 3300mah 35C.

#15 Arcteryxxx Jan 22, 2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyrocco123 (Post 17182937)
Can you actually fit the 4S 3000mah without trimming?

I am about to buy a few of those exact batteries for my Funjet Ultra. 40C!!

I have some thin Rhino 4S 4900mah 25C that would probably fit it for sure.



I had a very hard time finding a 5S that would fit in my Flash that was big enough to handle the amps.

I finally found the perfect one, Hyperion 5S 3300mah 35C.

I slipped the 4S3000 40C in the original hole but in a standing position. With the trimming it will be an easy fit laying flat on the fly floor I've planned. Guess I'll be in the market for some really slim and high-C 5S3000 LiPos


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04 PM.