RC Groups

RC Groups
    ROV - Remotely Operated Vehicles
        Discussion Interest in a semi autonomous or fully autonomous autopilot system?

#1 airmcn_3 Jan 01, 2011 07:48 PM

Interest in a semi autonomous or fully autonomous autopilot system?

Hello all,

We at AttoPilot International are looking at new projects for the year. We would like to hear your opinion on semi autonomous and or fully autonomous systems.

Our idea of semi autonomous would be stabilization, depth hold, relative heading hold and speed control. Camera triggers, data logging and two way communication ports would all be standard.

Fully autonomous would be all of the above with added dead reckoning navigation. We would by no means be as accurate or capable of holding dead reckoning for extended periods of time as the military but a brief resurface and acquire of position would "reset" the dead reckoning navigation.

There could also be the option of navigation transmission via umbilical with a blend of dead reckoning navigation.

We have the ability to produce this and would like to hear your opinion on whether it would be something that is needed and your opinions on features and target cost.

Looking forward to hearing what you have to say!

Thank you,

Chris McNair
www.attopilotinternational.com

#2 nick_75au Jan 02, 2011 04:11 AM

Interesting,,

Slightly related but I have been looking for a simple 2D autopilot with rudder control only, happy for throttle to be single speed. I want to Ideally input some waypoints and have my boat steer them.

Nick

#3 airmcn_3 Jan 02, 2011 12:26 PM

Simple can be better in may cases!