RC Groups

RC Groups
    Mini Helis
        Discussion Double Horse 9100 Series 3-channel Helis

#1 killbucket Dec 21, 2010 10:26 AM

Double Horse 9100 Series 3-channel Helis
 
A SYMA four-channel cannot be far off?

http://site.xheli.com/DoubleHorse/91...-Orange-10.jpg
Nice-looking package the 9100 Double Horse helicopter comes in.


What I know about it so far...


Minigun Movie Prop M134 LIVE VIDEO (1 min 18 sec)

#2 killbucket Dec 21, 2010 10:27 AM

3-channel just had their lunch, now eying their dinner.
How many people like myself, spent the equivalent money on a row of 3-chee's this last year, instead of snagging a "better" model with more channels?
And still ended up happy in the end.
Three channel is not better or worse, than 4, 6, 7, etc., because it's a whole different category. One that can no longer be relegated to beginner only status.


http://www.air-sharp.com/double_horse_9100_026.jpg
This model, the Double Horse 9100, is one good-looking helicopter, gotta give it that.

#3 edwong3 Dec 21, 2010 10:33 AM

3 or 4?
 
XHeli's webpage for this copter says it's a "3 channel". How? It looks to me like a 4 channel FP. A typo?

I too imagined it would be a matter of time before Syma, DH, and others would dabble with 4 channel helis, but I thought they would start with coaxials first, not single rotors.

Regardless, looks really nice for $60 bucks.

Ed

Quote:

Originally Posted by killbucket (Post 16882706)
A SYMA four-channel cannot be far off?

http://site.xheli.com/DoubleHorse/91...-Orange-10.jpg
Nice-looking package the 9100 Double Horse helicopter comes in.

http://site.xheli.com/DoubleHorse/91...-Orange-09.jpg
This reminds me of SYMA's S031 tail setup, flopped sideways.

http://site.xheli.com/DoubleHorse/91...-Orange-08.jpg
Is this collective pitch? I think it is
!!!

http://site.xheli.com/DoubleHorse/91...-Orange-07.jpg
Looks beefy for $60.00..note the old-school radio wire antenna, though. No giggy-hurts here.


http://site.xheli.com/DoubleHorse/91...-Orange-06.jpg
Interesting layout...notice the mass is not concentrated in the lower part of the chassis. somebody thought carefully, designing this.

http://site.xheli.com/DoubleHorse/91...-Orange-05.jpg
If the head stays together, this may be a popular model this coming year. I said 3-channel companies WOULD market 4-channel copters.
Nanny-nanny, boo, boo, Nay-Sayers!

http://site.xheli.com/DoubleHorse/91...-Orange-04.jpg


#4 Doubletap Dec 21, 2010 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edwong3 (Post 16882759)
XHeli's webpage for this copter says it's a "3 channel". How? It looks to me like a 4 channel FP. A typo?

I too imagined it would be a matter of time before Syma, DH, and others would dabble with 4 channel helis, but I thought they would start with coaxials first, not single rotors.

Regardless, looks really nice for $60 bucks.

Ed




Yeah, Xheli website guys got it all messed up. It's a 4 channel Fixed pitch heli with a nice 45 degree flybar, should be more stable than the typical HBFP and Walkera #4 90 degree Flybar FP birds, which are extremely difficult to fly. I like this 9101, carbon frame and the 45 degree flybar for $60 shipped, it's only slightly smaller than HBFP and Walkera #4.

#5 jtravel Dec 21, 2010 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doubletap (Post 16882807)
Yeah, Xheli website guys got it all messed up.

Thats a shocker:D

#6 frieslander Dec 21, 2010 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killbucket (Post 16882712)
BTW, I am moving the bulk of my posting activity to...

"The other forum, that just does the 3-channel thing, like I do."

First of all this is not a Coax, second you keep saying you are staying away or have left the building but you keep coming back.

#7 killbucket Dec 21, 2010 10:55 AM

I think this is a 3-channel, disguised as something else. I'm not seeing servos anywhere, and there may be only one inside the thing.

Looking for more pics...

http://www.air-sharp.com/double_horse_9100_027.jpg
The Tx for this model, the Double Horse 9100, is equipped with "trimming" sliders on each axis that moves.
I didn't determine if they were the same as, or finer adjusting than, the knobs you see at the upper corners of the unit, that do function.




go to post#743 of "New to Ebay this week. 4-ch metal mini heli $33".



__________
Do you support RCG? I mean, Really Support RCG?

#8 lerninmore Dec 21, 2010 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frieslander (Post 16882867)
First of all this is not a Coax, second you keep saying you are staying away or have left the building but you keep coming back.

WOW I'm feeling the "love" here.

I saw this heli this am and was wondering why xheli lists it as a 3ch coax?
Wasn't there last night.

#9 killbucket Dec 21, 2010 11:06 AM

I do agree...it's thick in here.


Yes, let's keep this, On topic.

http://www.air-sharp.com/double_horse_9100_028.jpg
The paintwork on the Double Horse 9100 is striking, to say the least.

#10 edwong3 Dec 21, 2010 11:17 AM

The only way I figure this could be a 3 channel is having the throttle just like in all other models for up, and down, rudder using the tail blade, and the elevator having only one swash plate servo for forward or backward travel, but no roll left or right capability as with a full on 4 channel.

Would anyone else care to speculate if that could be it?

Ed

Edit update: I don't know, I do see other linkages on the swash so maybe this truly is a 4 channel after all. Xheli probably goofed up.

#11 killbucket Dec 21, 2010 11:18 AM

I think you nailed it.
I bet it can be retro-fitted, though...

EDIT:
http://www.air-sharp.com/double_horse_9100_029.jpg
Yes, the Double Horse 9100 has an un-used servo mount, it can be just seen under the rear edge of the canopy here.

#12 killbucket Dec 21, 2010 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edwong3 (Post 16883121)
-snip-

Edit update: I don't know, I do see other linkages on the swash so maybe this truly is a 4 channel after all. Xheli probably goofed up.

They have done a great job of hiding where those front ball linked rods go to!

EDIT:
http://www.air-sharp.com/double_horse_9100_034.jpg
Yep, the Double Horse 9100 heli has dog-bones at the front swash-balls.

#13 frieslander Dec 21, 2010 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killbucket (Post 16882931)
What'r you, the door-keeper?

It's a free world, pal.

I can say pretty much anything...and it looks foolish saying I should "keep my word" or something.

I noticed you have NOT chastised "Chanerz" for starting the other thread about it...

What's so special about me?

Is having a high post count without being an insider here taboo ?

BACK on-topic:

I think this is a 3-channel, disguised as something else. I'm not seeing servos anywhere, and there may be only one inside the thing.

Looking for more pics...

WOW a chip on your shoulder! Just stated the facts, too bad you have a short fuse! :D :D :D

#14 killbucket Dec 21, 2010 11:28 AM

Just struck me as interesting who was talking, that's all.

Water under the bridge.

I think this is a four-channel CP airframe dummy-down to 3 channel OP.

EDIT:
http://www.air-sharp.com/double_horse_9100_030.jpg
Yes indeed, the Double Horse 9100 heli is a full-on single-rotor FFP bird, lacking just one servo to make it "LAMA".

#15 Doubletap Dec 21, 2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killbucket (Post 16882931)
What'r you, the door-keeper?

It's a free world, pal.

I can say pretty much anything...and it looks foolish saying I should "keep my word" or something.

I noticed you have NOT chastised "Chanerz" for starting the other thread about it...

What's so special about me?

Is having a high post count without being an insider here taboo ?

BACK on-topic:

I think this is a 3-channel, disguised as something else. I'm not seeing servos anywhere, and there may be only one inside the thing.

Looking for more pics...




No, you can clearly see the 2 servos, swash plate, and the linkages. Single rotor fixed pitch with motor driven tail. nothing ground breaking here except for the low price for a 370 motored Fixed pitch bird,but it does have a 45 degree flybar which is a big improvement over the traditional HBFP and Walkera #4 FP's.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 AM.