RC Groups

RC Groups
    Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W)
        Sold PILOT REHIER Glider from Hobby Shack/People

#1 Buran Nov 25, 2010 01:27 PM

PILOT REHIER Glider from Hobby Shack/People

6 Attachment(s)
The previous fell through for lack of funds. Hey, it happens.

I bought this from a guy a couple years ago and it's stayed stored. I am 99% sure this is a REHIER-60 from Hobby Shack/People. If you've ever been to the Hobby Shack/Hobby People store in Fountain Valley, you might have noticed a yellow one of these hanging from the ceiling. Wingspan is 130-in. My son in the pic is 5-10.

$250 local pickup, thanks.

#2 rcdude01 Nov 25, 2010 02:27 PM

NICE! I would love to have this!

#3 chip.greely Nov 25, 2010 04:21 PM

Beauty!

Those Pilot kits are Rock Solid ;)

#4 Rotozuk Nov 25, 2010 06:50 PM

I bought an ASW17 he was selling and took a quick look at this plane.. I would have been tempted to buy it if he didn't have a buyer already lined up at the time. This plane looks GREAT. Got to love to the old school charm of this plane. The builder took his time and did it right, it really shows.

-Wayne

p.s. The ASW17 I bought from you turned out to be a smoking good deal. I thought you might like to see the build thread I started on it:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1343795

Thanks for taking such good care of this gem of a plane. :)

#5 Buran Nov 25, 2010 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rotozuk (Post 16648616)
I bought an ASW17 he was selling and took a quick look at this plane.. I would have been tempted to buy it if he didn't have a buyer already lined up at the time. This plane looks GREAT. Got to love to the old school charm of this plane. The builder took his time and did it right, it really shows.

-Wayne

p.s. The ASW17 I bought from you turned out to be a smoking good deal. I thought you might like to see the build thread I started on it:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1343795

Thanks for taking such good care of this gem of a plane. :)

Thanks Wayne, I'll be watching your build thread.

#6 rcdude01 Nov 25, 2010 10:50 PM

you have PM

#7 So Cal Flyer Nov 26, 2010 12:46 AM

I got to fly the actual yellow plane hanging in Hobby Shack/People store back in 70's with the owner of Hobby Shack, Paul Bender.

If I remember correctly, the plane flew pretty well......

Nice quality kit.

Best of luck.

#8 Larry Jolly Nov 26, 2010 06:52 AM

Dean,
If you decide not to take the Reiher, I will buy it as soon as I get back from Istanbul. I will be home Tuesday, and I can set up the deal then. This is a very good flying oldy. It has a lot of Graupner Cirrus in it.
Larry Jolly

#9 rcdude01 Nov 27, 2010 12:01 PM

Larry,

You should buy it, I can not afford it right now, that way I can have a turn at the sticks the next time we go to Dave's Beach.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Jolly (Post 16651389)
Dean,
If you decide not to take the Reiher, I will buy it as soon as I get back from Istanbul. I will be home Tuesday, and I can set up the deal then. This is a very good flying oldy. It has a lot of Graupner Cirrus in it.
Larry Jolly

#10 Larry Jolly Nov 27, 2010 02:05 PM

I will take it then.... I will work it out with the seller Tuesday. LJ
Test flew a Skygate Collection BAE Hawk a few hours ago. Powered with a Jet Cat 200 the 40 pounder flew like a pussy cat. I leave Istanbul Monday!

#11 rcdude01 Nov 27, 2010 03:09 PM

I will be in DC until friday, will check it out when I get back.