RC Groups

RC Groups
    Electric Heli Talk
        Discussion Chat Thread

#1 Razors edge 29 Nov 13, 2010 10:23 AM

Chat Thread

Hey guys since lee's thread is no more I thought I'd start a new one - coax, FP, CP, planks all aviation Rc talk welcome.

Spread the word.

#2 Stumblebee Nov 13, 2010 06:11 PM

Congratulations Razor! Let's hope the thread grows fast and wide! What do folks think of the news of the TRex 100? It looks like a total indoor bird.

#3 arbilab Nov 13, 2010 07:30 PM

Never heard of Trex 100. Interesting concept, a fully-articulate aircraft in a very compact form factor and with Trex/Align reputation.

#4 ChillPhatCat Nov 13, 2010 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stumblebee (Post 16544699)
What do folks think of the news of the TRex 100?

That would be :cool: with option of torque tube tail and a scaled down price.

#5 Razors edge 29 Nov 13, 2010 08:35 PM

Would be nice BUT it's an UM FP much like the MSR and Solo pro

Quote:

Originally Posted by arbilab (Post 16545224)
Never heard of Trex 100. Interesting concept, a fully-articulate aircraft in a very compact form factor and with Trex/Align reputation.

#6 Razors edge 29 Nov 13, 2010 08:36 PM

Thanks John

Hopefully the T-100 flies well

And I am sure it will handle a bit of wind

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stumblebee (Post 16544699)
Congratulations Razor! Let's hope the thread grows fast and wide! What do folks think of the news of the TRex 100? It looks like a total indoor bird.

#7 arbilab Nov 13, 2010 10:20 PM

Quote:

Would be nice BUT it's an UM FP much like the MSR and Solo pro
That's very different. As Emily Latella used to say, "nevermind".

#8 Razors edge 29 Nov 14, 2010 12:12 AM

I think a lot of ppl are disappointed it's not a UM Cp

Quote:

Originally Posted by arbilab (Post 16546293)
That's very different. As Emily Latella used to say, "nevermind".

#9 Heavy Chevy Nov 14, 2010 10:15 AM

SO I see that not only is the "4ch coax thread" alive and thriving, it has multiplied.

:)

Raz, how's that Blade SR treating you? What are your thoughts on it?

#10 Razors edge 29 Nov 14, 2010 10:22 AM

the Blade SR 120 is a great heli

love mine soo far!

like the MSR only bigger BUT better!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavy Chevy (Post 16549021)
SO I see that not only is the "4ch coax thread" alive and thriving, it has multiplied.

:)

Raz, how's that Blade SR treating you? What are your thoughts on it?

#11 Stumblebee Nov 14, 2010 12:10 PM

Don't the very small CP machines such as Novus have some issues with reliability?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razors edge 29 (Post 16546872)
I think a lot of ppl are disappointed it's not a UM Cp

#12 Razors edge 29 Nov 14, 2010 12:27 PM

The novus CP is okay - guy in my club flew one all last indoor season, BUT last week he was having issues.

it flew nice though

he also had the 4#3B which he flew excellent - burnt up motors though often

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stumblebee (Post 16549860)
Don't the very small CP machines such as Novus have some issues with reliability?

#13 arbilab Nov 14, 2010 01:17 PM

Wouldn't Novus come with all the issues of their parent Walkeras? Or more? Not saying they do, I quit following Walkera. Couldn't keep up with their gibberish model designations for one thing. Their [editorial] half-baked innovations. I'm fascinated by the 3-axis concept, but not integral with the receiver where you're stuck with their buggy radios. I'd love to try them all out, but only if I were spending someone else's money.

Back to general submicro CPs, word is the 250s, with all that authority and little mass, tend to get away from you. Wouldn't that problem be more pronounced in a 100? Or can you dial it down for a geezer's rusty reflexes? It wouldn't 3D that way, but I'm not going there anyway.

#14 Razors edge 29 Nov 14, 2010 02:11 PM

I would think it would be even worse in a 100 size yes.

PPL seem to want one; I guess the idea of 3D in a living room appeals to a lot of ppl.

I think, if it ever happen, Walkera will be the first to release a UM CP the size of an MSR.

I highly doubt EFlite will release one anytime soon.

They'd have to design new CCPM UM servos, and a whole slew of other essential components, plus..... can you imagine the nightware on the service end of a heli like that?

If they though the MSR was bad lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by arbilab (Post 16550344)
Wouldn't Novus come with all the issues of their parent Walkeras? Or more? Not saying they do, I quit following Walkera. Couldn't keep up with their gibberish model designations for one thing. Their [editorial] half-baked innovations. I'm fascinated by the 3-axis concept, but not integral with the receiver where you're stuck with their buggy radios. I'd love to try them all out, but only if I were spending someone else's money.

Back to general submicro CPs, word is the 250s, with all that authority and little mass, tend to get away from you. Wouldn't that problem be more pronounced in a 100? Or can you dial it down for a geezer's rusty reflexes? It wouldn't 3D that way, but I'm not going there anyway.

#15 Stumblebee Nov 15, 2010 07:28 PM

I can't say I know a lot about the Novus other than what I read in the ads. As far as the 100 goes, the few pics indicate it is a fixed rotor bird so that means no indoor 3d stuff. Regarding the TRex 250, the guys at my LHS declare it a totally wild bird that is tough to control. I've never flown one.