RC Groups

RC Groups
    FPV Aircraft
        New Product Hobby King EPP FPV plane

#1 dblnaknak Nov 02, 2010 03:17 PM

Hobby King EPP FPV plane

Anyone considering this platform. This thing is massive and would fit anything you could imagine in there. Its on pre-order status right now but Im going to start recycling to get it...:cool:

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=14465

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s.../FPV-EPP-8.jpg

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s...og/FPV-EPP.jpg

#2 witespy Nov 02, 2010 03:31 PM

They just posted that This plane was going to be for sale soon

http://twitter.com/HobbyKingLive

they posted pictures of the inside, looked very very small. Tons of people complaining It did not look like it could not fit a two 5000 3s

I wonder the shipping on this beast, and If they will stock it in the USA.

#3 cncoz Nov 02, 2010 05:15 PM

Looks very practical :) but outrageously UGLY :eek:

#4 sverlander Nov 02, 2010 06:34 PM

I would love to give one a try but I refuse to order anything from HobbyKing until they send me the Turnigy nano-tech 2650mah 3S 25~50C Lipo Pack I paid for but wasn't in my package with the rest of my order. That was 9/16/10 and after I jumped thought all the hoops and sent them pictures showing the items in the box setting on a scale showing the weight they said it would take 1 to 2 weeks to investigate. That was 9/30/10 and I haven't heard a word sense. HobbyKing is great till you have a problem. :censored:

#5 crd Nov 02, 2010 06:44 PM

So tempting, I cant wait to get one and make a custom pod for it, I'm hopping the foam is strong and not cheap

#6 TheNiceGuy Nov 02, 2010 06:51 PM

I'm not an expert, but the weak points would be where the boom connects to the fuselage, the 2 pegs (?) teh wing elastics secure to, and the tail surface assembly. The tail will catch on all kind of things during landing, and shift or rip the elevator off, stripping that servo. Also, the fuselage bottom will shred on landing. And how do you access the cargo hold and what does it look like? I didn't see any pictures of that. Most people would run teh RX antenna through the tail boom, which will have some interference due to the servo wires running completely parallel.
There may be mods to overcome all these issues, just good to be aware.

If you have guts, this woud be loads of fun to hotwire yourself. It's already FPV super ugly!

#7 IL76MD Nov 02, 2010 07:05 PM

Right,
and even more, if fuse made from CF it would reduce Rx signal, too.
I already had a bad experience with it.
CF fuse reduced 72Mhz Rx signal to about 50%. Checked with RSSI on OSD.

#8 Coyote64 Nov 02, 2010 07:33 PM

If you do go for it, for the love of god don`t set it up like in picture number 2 lol

Polarity of antenna wrong

Pan servo`s floating in mid air

The first time you use the pan, the camera wire and tilt wire will be ripped out !

Lol dont you love companies displaying examples of something they no nothing about :)

#9 dblnaknak Nov 02, 2010 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sverlander (Post 16449823)
I would love to give one a try but I refuse to order anything from HobbyKing until they send me the Turnigy nano-tech 2650mah 3S 25~50C Lipo Pack I paid for but wasn't in my package with the rest of my order. That was 9/16/10 and after I jumped thought all the hoops and sent them pictures showing the items in the box setting on a scale showing the weight they said it would take 1 to 2 weeks to investigate. That was 9/30/10 and I haven't heard a word sense. HobbyKing is great till you have a problem. :censored:

I just got them to send me a replacement for a defective 40 superbrain esc I sent back 6 months ago. I threatened to file a complaint with paypal to get my money back and what do know... I get a email 2 days later saying that they are processing my replacement for shipping. If there is too much complaints with a certain vendor paypal suspends the vendors account. Make sure you keep your emails for proof of corespondence between the vendor and yourself. I always pay for items with paypal now.

#10 dblnaknak Nov 02, 2010 08:24 PM

The other thread can be found here...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1295430

#11 Kev.au Nov 02, 2010 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cncoz (Post 16449129)
Looks very practical :) but outrageously UGLY :eek:

How rude!, you can't even see her face!.

Cheers, Kev.

#12 SENTRY 62 Nov 02, 2010 09:37 PM

I think small cats and dogs and kids can go for a ride - SWEET!! I can start charging for intercity pet delivery.

#13 alexedit Nov 03, 2010 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SENTRY 62 (Post 16451417)
I think small cats and dogs and kids can go for a ride - SWEET!! I can start charging for intercity pet delivery.

that's a great idea!!! let's go in business together!!! next thing you know we can start offering franchises in cities all over...;)

#14 SENTRY 62 Nov 03, 2010 09:46 AM

SWEET!!!! I knew I wasn't the only thinker on here - LOL

#15 aa78 Nov 03, 2010 11:09 AM

I wonder how it will handle wind...