RC Groups

RC Groups
    FPV Aircraft
        Discussion New EPP FPV plane

#1 catamar Oct 12, 2010 05:01 PM

New EPP FPV plane
 
1 Attachment(s)
There is a new plane from Marek a seller from Poland, designed specifically for FPV, that I bought and tested. Until now, I liked more than Skywalker (I have bought 3 Skywalker).
This is the link of the seller: http://abc-rc.pl/p/2/1573/model_ursu..._szybowce.html

and pictures of my construction posted at the Spanish FPV forum:

http://www.aeromodelismovirtual.com/...?t=7316&page=2

The plane is incredibly stable, faster than Skywalker, with lots of space and very good glide (maybe a little less than Skywalker)

#2 workshop Oct 12, 2010 05:05 PM

Wow... great construction photos!

#3 hugy Oct 12, 2010 05:08 PM

I hope it is not like the Trenerka from ABC rc. Because that was a big flop.

#4 BushmanLA Oct 12, 2010 05:09 PM

Sure looks neat. Kinda blocky though.

#5 lovegroove Oct 12, 2010 05:10 PM

If it's anything like the other kits from them, I won't be buying. You basically get a box of badly cut foam and no building instructions and you have to go out and source all the carbon fibre and ply and all the other bits needed to build it. When you have to do that much work, it's not a kit and you might as well just scratch build one yourself.

#6 catamar Oct 12, 2010 05:12 PM

I never liked the Treneka, even before you all said it was not good. But this one is a very, very good plane, believe me. My partners at the field, who are very old at this hobby, said they really like this plane, more than the Skywalker.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hugy (Post 16274692)
I hope it is not like the Trenerka from ABC rc. Because that was a big flop.


#7 whakahere Oct 12, 2010 05:16 PM

How much does that plane weigh, what power supply do you have in it, and how long does it last in the air with your setup?

Do you have any video of it flying?

#8 catamar Oct 12, 2010 05:16 PM

No, everything is in the box, no need of looking for anything else. But yes, you have to build a lot. The instruction have been improved because of my insistence. He is making a manual in English (translating the original one). Also, in my thread at http://www.aeromodelismovirtual.com/...?t=7316&page=2 you can see almost steep by steep the construction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovegroove (Post 16274705)
If it's anything like the other kits from them, I won't be buying. You basically get a box of badly cut foam and no building instructions and you have to go out and source all the carbon fibre and ply and all the other bits needed to build it. When you have to do that much work, it's not a kit and you might as well just scratch build one yourself.


#9 catamar Oct 12, 2010 05:25 PM

I finished two days ago, so, I haven't had time to make too many tests. I am using the same motor and propeller than the one I use in my skywalker: 3536 1100 rpm motor Turnigy, 10x5 propeller APC, 6 amp Nanotech Lipoly 11.1 volt, 40 amp Speed controller. In the air, taking off and landing 3-4 times while testing, for 40 min - 1 hour (Like with the Skywalker). The weight, in the seller page saids 1,6 kilogram with batery, motor and electronic. In my hand, a liitle more than the skywalker.

Quote:

Originally Posted by whakahere (Post 16274746)
How much does that plane weigh, what power supply do you have in it, and how long does it last in the air with your setup?

Do you have any video of it flying?


#10 catamar Oct 12, 2010 05:29 PM

Yes, it's to help my partners at the forum to build theirs (and for this forum also). It was a hell for me to understand the manual in Polish. I don't want anybody else to suffer the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by workshop (Post 16274665)
Wow... great construction photos!



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:54 PM.