RC Groups

RC Groups
    VTOLs
        Discussion Tilt rotor success

#1 foam and tape Oct 08, 2010 09:24 PM

Tilt rotor success
 
:D its done rather simply. The thing only has one gyro on roll, most of the stability comes from the flybars. The units are the ones from the blade CX2.... needs lots more tweaking but it does fly!!!!:cool:


RC VTOL #4 SUCCESSFUL TILT ROTOR (3 min 1 sec)

#2 Googleplex Oct 09, 2010 12:13 AM

Very well done!

#3 RCvertt Oct 09, 2010 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foam and tape (Post 16246203)
:D its done rather simply...

:eek: Mad props for that one. Simply awesome!

We need close up picts with details, details, details :)

#4 RCvertt Oct 09, 2010 12:32 AM

What props are you using? Are those cut down CX2 blades?
Both props spin the same direction?
Close ups of how you connected the cx2 stuff to the motors? You were able to remove the motor shaft and just slip in the CX2 shaft?
How did you make the wing?

The camera man is funny. I like how he keeps filming the dog. That dog rules.

#5 v22chap Oct 09, 2010 08:13 AM

Way to go Peter ,,, :) I still say you need to get an aeronautical degree in college :)

You could go a long way in that field I believe !!!!
Larry

#6 Anrew411 Oct 09, 2010 08:16 AM

nice job foam and tape!

i just have to ask how do you do all the mixing? also how do you control pitch in hover mode?

again really cool, keep us posted

Andrew

#7 F-111 John Oct 09, 2010 11:11 AM

Your basic Cargo Twins lives on in yet another form! Great job, foam and tape!

#8 rimshotcopter Oct 09, 2010 11:16 AM

Absolutely Fantastic Job!!!

#9 jesolins Oct 09, 2010 11:46 AM

Great work!
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index

#10 nadine Oct 09, 2010 12:01 PM

well done!
 
hei,foam and tape,what motors are they and what is wing span,in that plane!?..is the same size like your cargo twins????;)

#11 foam and tape Oct 09, 2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCvertt (Post 16247248)
What props are you using? Are those cut down CX2 blades?
Both props spin the same direction?
Close ups of how you connected the cx2 stuff to the motors? You were able to remove the motor shaft and just slip in the CX2 shaft?
How did you make the wing?

The camera man is funny. I like how he keeps filming the dog. That dog rules.



yup same rotation, the CX2 head is a diffrent diameter so I just drilled out the aluminum head by hand :censored: it ain't straight but it was the best I could do. I also took off the shaft of the Blue wonder motor and grinded it down till it fits into the CX2 head.

The wing is just scored on one side then pressed on a table edge to get the shape... really quite simple. :)

#12 foam and tape Oct 09, 2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anrew411 (Post 16248518)
nice job foam and tape!

i just have to ask how do you do all the mixing? also how do you control pitch in hover mode?

again really cool, keep us posted

Andrew



pitch is controlled by the vanes at the bottom of the wing, mixing is done with two onboard V-tail mixers.... Its sooooo coool how this thing really only requires a standard 5 channel TX with no internal computer mixing!!

#13 foam and tape Oct 09, 2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nadine (Post 16249661)
hei,foam and tape,what motors are they and what is wing span,in that plane!?..is the same size like your cargo twins????;)



A little smaller but pretty much almost the same as my cargo twin.

#14 matthew73 Oct 09, 2010 02:40 PM

Thats an amazing video. You make it look so easy. Congratulations:D

#15 rimshotcopter Oct 09, 2010 02:58 PM

foam and tape, the background music you used is Blocked from other countries, so they are unable to view the video. Can you upload the video to Vimeo or change the music? I know that is allot to ask but there are people not in the US that would like to view your success.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 PM.