FLYING SITES - Phoenix AZ EAST Valley 2010-2011
Hi guys, I found an old list here of East valley flying sites from 2003.
I thought this should be updated.
I thought I would drive around today and visit the flying sites I had heard about.
Can you help me make a list and as we go I will update this thread.
PARKS AND FIELDS
1) Chandler Bowl, 101 freeway just northeast of Chandler Blvd. CHANDLER
2) Huge Bowl park Southwest of Higley and Guadalupe behind the CVS Pharmacy. GILBERT
3) Discovery Park, East of the Santan 202 freeway, North of Pecos. If no one is flying there, they should be! This place is huge with manicured grass.
AMA FLYING SITES
1) Gilbert Quiet Flyers, At the Gilbert rodeo park Southeast of Val Vista and Ray RD. GILBERT
2) AMA field, North of E Brown RD West of Meridian RD. MESA
3) East Valley Flyers, 4 miles south of the 60 freeway on the east side of the road. Look for the wind sock on the road shoulder. PIMA COUNTY
Are you interested in sites other than just east Phoenix? I'm in Tempe and fly from several parks.
1. Riverview corner of Dobson and the 202, just behind riverview toyota dealership. I fly on the east side, theres a asphalt strip going North and South, plus the lawn, lot of room. It can be windy sometimes due to location.
Now this sounds like a great contribution!
I'll have to drive by there in the next few days.
Is it a known place? Do people show up there to fly?
I see the area in Google Maps, Is it the open space behind the
Toyota dealership, or is it to the west near the baseball diamonds?
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 AM.|