RC Groups

RC Groups
    NEAT Fair
        Discussion Fast Al`s Photo Flood

#1 FASTALJR Sep 15, 2010 04:42 AM

Fast Al`s Photo Flood

Hey guys its that time again, I will be shooting and posting once again. Sr will be taking care of the photo uploading via liberty ny Days Inn, while I rough it with the girlfriend once again. Look for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday sometime Friday if the connection is good.:popcorn::D

#2 dr.E Sep 15, 2010 07:59 AM

come over to the BCSF Tent

#3 Dan Landis Sep 15, 2010 02:14 PM

Al, I cant wait to see the pics. I wish I could be out there with you. Have a great time and take lots of Pics.

Dr.E, I cant make it this time, stuck in the sandbox, tell all the guys that I said hi!

#4 dpfokker Sep 16, 2010 06:40 PM

Hey guys, Any way you can save a spot closer to show center for me??? I don't mind the heli's or a close trip to the bathroom but it would be cool if I we could be near the fixed wing crowd. We will be there Sat. morn. early. Thanks, Dave

#5 BillM Sep 16, 2010 08:59 PM

dpfokker
By the time of your post I would guess based on past N.E.A.T.Fairs more than 90% of the flight line has been taken. My advice would be to find a friend if possible. With the exception of a few well deserving special guests there are no reserved spaces. This I know from experience.

BM

#6 KingCobra11 Sep 18, 2010 08:57 PM

Hi,
This is Al Sr. comfortably in a hotel room. Fast Al is camping on the flight line, but he wanted me to tell everyone that he will be posting the flood of photos sunday night. NEAT this year is absolutely tremendous. I particularly enjoyed the mass warbirds launch....and I mean MASS, friday and saturday had close to 50 planes in the air. Noon demos outstanding as usual. Kudos to Tom Hunt and gang for another grand slam show. Stay tuned for Fast Al's sunday night return home to upload.

Al Sr. :)

#7 karl k Sep 18, 2010 10:48 PM

:popcorn:

#8 FASTALJR Sep 19, 2010 09:20 PM

Well, home at last!!! What a weekend, what a vacation, as tired as I am I feel great, total of 28 flights on the weekend, which is GREAT for me!

Sadly, I had some damage, occur on the way home, as a bungee snapped off a plane I was carrying home for a friend , causing it to slide back breaking the right and left rudders of my skymaster quite severe, Sr has assured me it will be fixed in no time. The other plane recieved some extensive damage as well.

I would like to say that Tom Hunt, again has put together a GREAT event, and I would like to thank him, as without him, the NEAT Fair would not happen every year!!!!

I would also like to pass on my thanks to Rich Landis, who helped me out with all my mechanical, Electrical, and general other problems, as well as letting me fly the high wing switch in the noon demos! Now if we just can get Dan back in the states, that would be something!!!:D As well as Dave Lockhart, who also gave me a great amount of his time, spotting during the demo's, picking up my 182 so I can arm it, and general other knowledge.

Also The last Demo flight I simulated a landing with a complete failure of the flaps...thats my story and im sticking to it!!!...thanks Dave!! LOL

Anyone in the Albany Ny area, there is a town wynantskill ny, there is a Restaurant there with the name LaBella`s, go there, the food it great, the owner is a great cook, and a great pilot, thanks Angelo for all the food this week, and for putting up with my pickiness!!!! LOL

Lastly, Sr and Ash, you guys put up with me all the time, eeither helping me find a lost something, or a tight build before neat. All the toils are worth the end product, and I would like to especially thank Sr, for getting the 182 airbourne for NEAT, it was well worth the effort!!!!

Pics are uploading to the computer should have them up shortly!!!! Neat 2011 is a mere 365 days away!!!!! CANT WAIT!!!!:D

#9 SillyFayeFae Sep 19, 2010 09:33 PM

Your freakin' right I put up with your silliness this year! Sheeeeeeeesh, driest remote sticks along the entire flight line and you managed to lose everything and anything before the week was out! Bah!

And yeah, I'll second Al's mention on the food. Holy crap. I told my family when I got back that the man-with-the-meal-plan Angelo had been cooking for us all(my family's familiar with his restaurant big time), they were sooooo jealous! Buwahaha!

Also, beware the elephant man! ;)

#10 FASTALJR Sep 19, 2010 09:43 PM

Yes, the elephant man was out and he was LOUD!!!!

#11 FASTALJR Sep 19, 2010 10:39 PM

90 Attachment(s)
pics incoming, not as many as i would have liked but alot

#12 Dan Landis Sep 20, 2010 08:54 AM

Great Pics AL!!! I wish I could have made it. Thanks for all the help, and great flying!

#13 karl k Sep 20, 2010 11:08 AM

Awesome pics.

One question...

What's going on with the cowl on the Pawnee in photo DSCF2113?

#14 FASTALJR Sep 20, 2010 11:50 AM

More pics comig after work!

#15 Dan's Dad Sep 20, 2010 08:14 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Hi Al here are a few pics for you