RC Groups

RC Groups
    Auto Gyros
        Mini-Review Key Chain Cam for your autogyro!!!

#1 imsofaman Sep 04, 2010 08:49 AM

Key Chain Cam for your autogyro!!!

I bought a key chain cam from Hobby King ( http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=13447 ) it was worth a gamble of $7.69 I figured. I did have a mini SD card on hand also. I wanted to fly one of my gyros, but was running out of time and the weather was unpredictable because of the hurricane heading north along the coast.

I activated the movie function and taped it to the battery on my Corona. I insulated it with some soft foam. Also remember the Coronas were not known for smoothness! LOL!:p Anyway....I took off, did some circuits around me and my neighbor's yard then wanted to do some higher flight. As I climbed.....the wind grabbed it and it started zooming upward. I dropped the throttle and it just did not want to come down. Eventually I had to nose it down quite a bit and I got her back down. Even in cloudy-rainy weather, I thought is was great for a $8.00 cam.

So if I can get a decent picture with my rickity old Corona.....this cam mounted on your plane or auotgyro will be good.

Dave

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...log/RD16NM.jpg

Key Chain Video Camera (2 min 55 sec)

#2 frash Sep 04, 2010 05:34 PM

Key Chain Cam

What is the weight of the Hobby King Keychain video cam?

One guy that I fly with has the same one or something similar. It gave a fairly good video from a ground test, but I don't think his has been airborne yet

The price is certainly right!

Fred Rash

#3 imsofaman Sep 04, 2010 09:08 PM

Minus the key chain....I am not sure as I dont have any scale that could weigh something that small. It is very light for sure. I will do another movie showing how to operate it.

Dave

#4 mintie Sep 04, 2010 10:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
key chain cams weight is at 16 gms. I have had one on my gyro now for a round 4 months. take really good movies.

#5 glydr Sep 05, 2010 09:25 PM

What sort of autogyro is that mintie? I'm thinking of cutting a depron gyro soon and that looks the ticket.

G

PS - Don't mention the rugby - please.

#6 mintie Sep 06, 2010 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glydr (Post 15974291)
What sort of autogyro is that mintie? I'm thinking of cutting a depron gyro soon and that looks the ticket.

G

PS - Don't mention the rugby - please.

Dont worry about the rugby we now have bigger problems with the earthquakes here.
Here is the gyro link http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1008868
read it through and build one they are a great little machine. cheers Mintie :):)

#7 glydr Sep 06, 2010 06:28 AM

Cheers minitie - sorry to hear about the earthquake (haven't been watching the news lately).

#8 imsofaman Sep 10, 2010 07:10 AM

I have discovered something about the the camera. I crashed a plane in high winds with the camera attached (forgot to turn it on) and the camera took a violent hit. Something rattled inside. I unscrewed 2 small screws and open it up. The lipo came loose as the double sided tape let go in the crash. I put it back in plate and put a dot of Goo on the side of the battery for good measure. It works well after such a hit.

I did the same way with my Muvi camera and that was destroyed. I like the $7.00 camera a lot better!!! :)

Dave