RC Groups

RC Groups
    Electric Plane Talk
        Wattage F-22...For Beginners?

#1 breadboy Oct 01, 2001 05:55 PM

zagi or scooter?(formerly Wattage F-22...For Beginners?)

i have a friend who is interested in eflight,he wabts to get an f22.is this a good choice?how fast is it?how durable?

#2 clockwatcher Oct 01, 2001 06:02 PM

It has virtually no dihedral on the wings. I don't think its going to last long as a 1st model. Its something he's going to have to build up to.

#3 ToddNicholson Oct 02, 2001 01:46 PM

The Wattage F-22 is not at all made for the beginner. It is fast and very responsive and has no qualities of a trainer. Suggest you start with something designed for training.

-Todd

#4 nasa_steve Oct 02, 2001 02:31 PM

WATTAGE F22 NO TRAINER!!!

in short NO!!! the wattage f22 will have a fairly high wing loading for its size and even i won't touch one yet and i've been flying for six months. The wattage f22 is for intermediate to advanced pilots.your friend would be advised to try the T52,wingo or something around that mark before he goes the "jet route"
if he insists on getting the f22 i would take a garbage bag on his first trip out because its highly likely that the plane will come home in bits.
try having a look through the FAQ link at the top of the page you will get a few more pointers there.
regards

#5 breadboy Oct 02, 2001 04:42 PM

weel,hes decided to go with zagi 400(the way i did)or a sky scooter pro.hm?he wants to keep on a budget.

#6 U2Steve Oct 03, 2001 02:37 PM

Go with the Scooter. Nothing else to buy (until he wants to, anyway) and he can use the radio gear elsewhere later on.

#7 nasa_steve Oct 03, 2001 03:08 PM

i agree with u2steve skyscooter and use a buddybox until he's used to it then the sky's the limit i think at first he might find the zagi a handful
best of luck!!