RC Groups

RC Groups
    Parkflyers
        Discussion Parkzone F4F Wildcat WOW!!!!

#1 ilovejets1 Jun 27, 2010 08:45 AM

Parkzone F4F Wildcat WOW!!!!

Take a look at Parkzone's website! Now if they'd only get a Zero...http://parkzone.com/Products/Default...ProdID=PKZ1980 It looks great!

#2 SKYPILEIT Jun 27, 2010 09:30 AM

it does look cool...if the Wildcat sells as well as the Corsair & Mustang,I'm sure they will offer a ZERO soon. :)

#3 hbsurfer Jun 30, 2010 03:12 PM

i just saw it and looks amazing

#4 ilovejets1 Jul 01, 2010 06:08 PM

I wish it had retracts.

#5 foamcrazee Jul 01, 2010 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilovejets1 (Post 15447597)
I wish it had retracts.

yeah right... dream on :-)

#6 greenseaships Jul 03, 2010 06:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I suppose this means no Hellcat for a long time...:(

#7 marine_tanker Jul 04, 2010 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenseaships (Post 15460883)
I suppose this means no Hellcat for a long time...:(

Hey, that's the Hellcat that shot me down! My motor seems to be fried so I've got to wait until a new one comes in before I'll be dogfighting again.

#8 greenseaships Jul 08, 2010 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marine_tanker (Post 15467367)
Hey, that's the Hellcat that shot me down! My motor seems to be fried so I've got to wait until a new one comes in before I'll be dogfighting again.

Good, 'cause my Hellcat's still hungry! ;)

#9 K_Heff Jul 10, 2010 11:07 PM

Horizon review:

Horizonhobby.com Preview - ParkZone F4F Wildcat (6 min 34 sec)

The wildcat was expected to be in stock at horizon today but I don't know if that happened...

-Kyle

#10 dekan Jul 11, 2010 01:53 AM

I have seen and handled it a model meeting in the UK...IMO its their best yet, but the camouflage color scheme will really do its job on a gray day...

It will need some Hi Viz stripes or something or it will quickly become invisible for anybody not blessed with "young" eyes :(

#11 jteplane Jul 14, 2010 12:43 PM

I hope the SPITFIRE's next!!!

#12 Crashin'Flyboy Jul 14, 2010 03:30 PM

Hopefully they will be in stock for my B-Day!!

#13 Mithmorgul Jul 25, 2010 07:41 AM

F4F Wildcat by Parkzone

Friend and I took this plane out along with my venerable PKZ Spitfire (L-ion /20 amp SC/ Spektrum RX modded) yesterday. First impressions were that the plane is extremely well made with clean lines and model like detailing and paint. And finally a new pilot in the cockpit! Can't go on enough about how much I love Z Foam. Plain is very rigid with no flex in the wings or control surfaces. Comes with the same motor as found in the F4F Corsair and the 9X8 prop found on the Spitfire (920kV). Comes with a really small 1300 mAh L-ion battery. Was able to stay up for at least 15 min using the throttle conservatively, so the small battery isn't much of an issue. Between the two of us we own all of the PKZ warbirds except for the P51 Mustang. This one impresses. With a little mix set in for aileron and rudder plus some dual rates, little trimming and adjustments were needed. Plenty of power for cuban 8s and hammer heads. Nearly unlimited vertical. Smooth smooth smooth. Definitely a good model to choose if you are ready to step up to aileron/rudder compared to the T-28 Trojan (but similarly not to the BF-109). Landing is a breeze on the belly skid, this plane wants to fly, so just cut the throttle and a little up elevator is all you need. Why anyone would buy anything other than these new PKZ warbirds is beyond me. The quality is through the roof guys. Thank you PKZ for listening to your consumers. This is a sign of a company who will endeavor in the hearts of hobbyists for years to come.

#14 Mithmorgul Jul 25, 2010 07:48 AM

www.blogistics.info Friend should be posting the official review sometime today with video.

#15 Jsutherland8 Jul 26, 2010 08:49 PM

Parkzone Wildcat BNF/PNP

7 Attachment(s)
Looks good, and nice to fly.

Added a bit of polyurethane glue to the front of the canopy, and tail servos to stiffen things up. Wish the hatch magnet was not so strong, hard to open. Battery Velcro hard to feed through top slot. Had to reglue tail wheel on 2nd landing in 2" normal grass.:confused:

I like this one......but the tail wheel will not last long........