RC Groups

RC Groups
    Micro Helis
        Discussion E-flite Blade SR 120 Thread.

#1 sonicjet Jun 24, 2010 08:10 AM

E-flite Blade SR 120 Thread.
 
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...#quickOverview
Its a 40% bigger msr for 30$ more and just 20$ short of an full size brushless CP SR,not to be cruel...but who will buy it?
http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...3100-GAL01.jpg

#2 vicovaludemero Jun 24, 2010 08:56 AM

Great scott! A giant mSR!

#3 Martyn McKinney Jun 24, 2010 09:00 AM

I personally would love to have one.

Apart from an mSR, I have a number of small Walkera helis.

Flying helis is the part that I enjoy the most and the larger size along with its DSM2 capability for me would make a perfect outdoor flier.

#4 sonicjet Jun 24, 2010 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martyn McKinney (Post 15391840)
I personally would love to have one.

Apart from an mSR, I have a number of small Walkera helis.

Flying helis is the part that I enjoy the most and the larger size along with its DSM2 capability for me would make a perfect outdoor flier.

But for 20$ more you can get a full bl cp SR.:cool:

#5 Martyn McKinney Jun 24, 2010 09:05 AM

I already own a full bl cp SR.

I suspect that the heli will eventually be available as a BNF at a cheaper price.

#6 hydro_pyro Jun 24, 2010 09:11 AM

From a marketing standpoint, I can see EXACTLY why they went this way, and it was a VERY smart move for E-Flite. The collective-pitch "SR" was supposed to be a cost-effective step-up heli, but proved to be too advanced for the typical advancing novice mSR pilot, and too entry-level for the true advanced pilot with its under-performing tail rotor. The SR was an all-new design that had some bugs to get worked out early on.

The 120SR on the other hand, is based off a proven design (the mSR), potentially incorporating updates and improvements on the mSR design to appeal to those of us who wanted more from the mSR.

Much like the mSR, the 120SR is likely going to see its fair share of the typical bent/broken anti-rotation guides and worn, sloppy flybar holes.

Think about this for a second: The Blade 400 3D is the most advanced heli that Eflite builds, and many advanced pilots still consider it to be a toy.

E-flite is diversifying their heli line-up by adding a mid-sized micro with proven features, fairly easy to fly like the mSR, but not as advanced and expensive to fix as the SR.

I sure hope they get their parts supply on-shore and in-stock before they get the ball rolling. Bothe the mSR and the SR have been plagued with parts availability issues shortly after release, and it gives the entire line a bad name.

#7 C.O.P.O Jun 24, 2010 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martyn McKinney (Post 15391887)
I already own a full bl cp SR.

I suspect that the heli will eventually be available as a BNF at a cheaper price.

The website says a BNF is available. I want one..

#8 k00leo Jun 24, 2010 09:40 AM

Will i be able to use the same batteries that i use for my mSR?

I can not tell from the picture.

#9 vicovaludemero Jun 24, 2010 09:41 AM

^^ dont think so man...

#10 ModeTwo Jun 24, 2010 10:00 AM

Here's the BNF version.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=BLH3180

#11 suraki Jun 24, 2010 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydro_pyro (Post 15391937)
From a marketing standpoint, I can see EXACTLY why they went this way, and it was a VERY smart move for E-Flite. The collective-pitch "SR" was supposed to be a cost-effective step-up heli, but proved to be too advanced for the typical advancing novice mSR pilot, and too entry-level for the true advanced pilot with its under-performing tail rotor. The SR was an all-new design that had some bugs to get worked out early on.

The 120SR on the other hand, is based off a proven design (the mSR), potentially incorporating updates and improvements on the mSR design to appeal to those of us who wanted more from the mSR.

Much like the mSR, the 120SR is likely going to see its fair share of the typical bent/broken anti-rotation guides and worn, sloppy flybar holes.

Think about this for a second: The Blade 400 3D is the most advanced heli that Eflite builds, and many advanced pilots still consider it to be a toy.

E-flite is diversifying their heli line-up by adding a mid-sized micro with proven features, fairly easy to fly like the mSR, but not as advanced and expensive to fix as the SR.

I sure hope they get their parts supply on-shore and in-stock before they get the ball rolling. Bothe the mSR and the SR have been plagued with parts availability issues shortly after release, and it gives the entire line a bad name.

Count me interested. If you go read the early SR threads, you'll see quite a few (myself included) were saying should that this is what have been done to begin with. I was getting close to pulling the trigger on an HBFP V2, now I'll be holding off.

#12 C.O.P.O Jun 24, 2010 10:07 AM

Looks like the 5 in 1 is in a better location.

#13 k00leo Jun 24, 2010 10:23 AM

I agree.


I hope this prevents any broken 5in1s due to FFF crashes.


I wonder if it will have the same right bank in FFF as the Msr....?
would its bigger size tone it down or eliminate it?

#14 GRUMPEE Jun 24, 2010 10:23 AM

I'll wait until they start showing up in the 4 sale section, Don't get me wrong I just bought a 2nd hand MSR and love it. But for the money up front new...maybe I'd go for a Walkera 180Z or UflyS or another HBFP or 2

#15 C.O.P.O Jun 24, 2010 10:27 AM

Whats up with the tail curving up? I have seen this before on some other helis. Is there an advantage to doing this?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:40 PM.