RC Groups

RC Groups
    Beginner Training Area (Fuel)
        Help! Check List before Flight

#1 aoliveiraneto Jun 22, 2010 03:27 PM

Check List before Flight

Guys,

Does someone has a good check list before flight for beginners?

Thank you very much.

Arthur

#2 crash campbell Jun 22, 2010 03:51 PM

Hi Arthur,

How did the flight with the Chippy go?
Here is a link to a UK site that has check lists and lots of good info.
http://www.bmfa.org/faq/rc/pre_flight.html

Cheers,

Colin

#3 aoliveiraneto Jun 23, 2010 07:12 AM

Hi Collin,

Thank you very much for your help. I've not flown my Chipmunck yet, yesterday I had a problem to run the OS FS 91, I think that the KwickFill is the problem, tomorrow I'll try again without it.

Thanks
Arthur

#4 EJWash1 Jun 23, 2010 11:57 AM

The link Crash gives in his post (#2) is a great reference and guide and a MUST before EVERY flying day.

One thing that I would add is flight control check before each flight. Gives you a chance to see if the surfaces are moving the direction you want them to...

EJWash

#5 aoliveiraneto Jun 29, 2010 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EJWash1 (Post 15384938)
The link Crash gives in his post (#2) is a great reference and guide and a MUST before EVERY flying day.

One thing that I would add is flight control check before each flight. Gives you a chance to see if the surfaces are moving the direction you want them to...

EJWash

EJWash,

Thank you very much for your advises but I have a more doubt: What do you think about the kiwckFill? I listened goods and bads informations about it.

Arthur

#6 EJWash1 Jun 29, 2010 12:49 PM

Arthur,

I've heard guys gripe about them (Du-Bro and Great Planes) and it usually comes down to dirt getting into them and preventing the O-ring from properly seating and they leak. I installed one on my pattern ship and added the cover to it. It's been on there about six months now. No problems as of yet.

EJWash

#7 redh Jun 29, 2010 02:16 PM

One of my students use's the quick fill and he had problems till I found out that he wasn't pulling it all the way out, then pushing it all the way back in. Also use the cover, it keeps crap out. I like the system and plan on using it. ( Du Bro ) ENJOY !!! RED

#8 aoliveiraneto Jun 29, 2010 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redh (Post 15430992)
One of my students use's the quick fill and he had problems till I found out that he wasn't pulling it all the way out, then pushing it all the way back in. Also use the cover, it keeps crap out. I like the system and plan on using it. ( Du Bro ) ENJOY !!! RED

Red,
Thank you very much for your advises, I'm goin to experience it because is a easy system to filling.
Arthur

#9 aoliveiraneto Jul 04, 2010 07:13 PM

My KwickFill worked very well this weekend, the engine was with a bad carburization.

Thank you very much

#10 nymadcientist Aug 27, 2014 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aoliveiraneto (Post 15378180)
Guys,

Does someone has a good check list before flight for beginners?

Thank you very much.

Arthur

# 1 did u practice simulator