RC Groups

RC Groups
    1/2A Planes
        Question Looking for Randy Randolph 'twilighter' plans.

#1 mrcosmo May 02, 2010 06:04 AM

Looking for Randy Randolph 'twilighter' plans.

Has anyone out there got a copy of the 'twilighter' model plans. Roughly 50" 2ch, 049, early 1980's by Randy Randolph? I've got a few sport/scale 1/2A plans I'd happily list for a trade if interested, otherwise help out a fellow 049 freak who's recently been bitten by the noisy, 2 channel bug again :)

#2 gwinhh May 02, 2010 02:34 PM

Either Flying models or MAN??

howell

#3 mrcosmo May 02, 2010 05:58 PM

Thanks, but have tried both and it's not listed online. Found the larger 'twilighter II' but was after the original, smaller version. I'll keep searching.. May just have to contact the mags themselves I think.

#4 gwinhh May 02, 2010 09:39 PM

I checked, too, and owe you an apology; FM has really messed up its plan listing. How about RCM?

howell

#5 lightthings May 03, 2010 12:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It definitely was MAN. Published Mar. 1987 See list. Since it is not listed online you might call the toll free number and try talking to a real person.
LT

#6 gwinhh May 03, 2010 07:39 AM

I'm pretty sure I have he magazine. If all else fails, PM me and I'll send you a scan of the plans. It's so square it'd be no problem to scale up.

howell

#7 buzzard bait May 03, 2010 10:12 AM

6 Attachment(s)
OK, if I did this right it will all show up. If not, PM me.

Let me know what you have to share. I'm always interested in plans.

Jim

#8 buzzard bait May 03, 2010 10:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ah, it worked! Here, this might be more useful...

#9 mrcosmo May 04, 2010 05:26 AM

A 1000 thank's for all replies and the post of the twilighter plans. I'm going to start building this model and will post pics of the progress and maiden flight as it happens. Here are the plans I have - all 049 2-3ch for kits I've built over the years.
I will look through my old MAN issues - I don't think I have this one, I may PM for a higher quality scan?
Flyline Fairchild 22, Megowcoupe, Luton Minor and Inland Sport.
Pilot Baby (still flying), Pappilon, JR Skylark, Farman Moustique and RC Modeller Gee Bee.
I also have many Flying Model Magazines from the 70's and 80's - just about every second issue had a 1/2A model to build. I'll Post another list of these as I go through them.
Happy to share any of these plans.

#10 buzzard bait May 06, 2010 08:53 PM

You're welcome. I'd invite you to PM me on this, but I wouldn't know how to do a higher quality scan than the one I did. I just used my HP printer...don't know what else I'd do. Is there anything I can clarify for you?

I would just take dimensions off the pic, scale up, and build from the dimensions. As someone said, it's a simple design. But if there are wood sizes you can't read I can see if I can read them on the original magazine.

I have a fairly good magazine collection too, so let me know if you want anything else.

Jim

#11 aeronca52 May 08, 2010 12:55 AM

Here it is. Old MAN plans are shown at www.rcstore.com Look for 'plans' and click on it for access to the listing.

http://www.airagestore.com/catalogse.../?q=twilighter

Click on the picture for more info.

#12 mrcosmo May 08, 2010 03:10 AM

You legend. I now have the construction article from a previous post too. Will post construction pics once it begins. Thank you :)
It's just what I feel like building and flying at the moment. With the lightweight gear these days I was considering putting 3 servos in it and using a throttled cox 049 but I think I might save it for something a little more 'scale-like'.

#13 mrcosmo May 09, 2010 03:08 AM

If anyone is interested, I just managed to find the PDF issue online at:

http://media.radiocontrolzone.com/ma...1987_March.pdf

And you can change the year and month to download other issues too.

Why is it that I found this after I've already started drawing up the plans and have received posts of the scans and article? I searched and searched online before my initial question was posted :confused:

#14 aeronca52 May 09, 2010 10:30 AM

Kind of like finding something you lost in the last place you look for it.

#15 Top_Gunn May 11, 2010 06:14 PM

Where did you find the Twilighter II plans? That's the one I'm interested in.