RC Groups

RC Groups
    Aerial Photography
        Discussion Passive -Mono Ski Maiden

#1 troynh Apr 24, 2010 01:05 PM

Passive -Mono Ski Maiden

12 Attachment(s)
I was able to maiden the Passive mono ski this morning. Everything went great and there were no incidences involving pine trees, ladders or saws.:rolleyes:;) (Mike's off the hook Ian.:))

This setup is sensitive to wind and I may need to switch out to a solid core wing for more mass. It's all up weight is 55oz's with a wing load of 6.6. The Pulso 2814-20 is a great motor! Smooth and quiet. I had a 12x6E APC on it. This was also the first time I flew with the Corona RP6D1 RX and can report that I didn't have one glitch compared to my old Hitec Mini 6s RX.

Overall, I'm quite pleased. ...Just need to find more windless days.;)

-Tim
Passive Mono Ski Maiden 4-24-2010 (1 min 59 sec)

Real Flight Sim
The Passive Mono Ski - RC Aerial Photography Model - Real Flight G5 (1 min 8 sec)

#2 quailbird Apr 24, 2010 01:25 PM

Boy! That is looking great! Great pictures too!

#3 power Apr 24, 2010 01:52 PM

Great job Tim!

She really flys slow and graceful :cool: on one of those launches it looked like it just about stopped in mid air. As far as the landings go who needs wheels! You slowed that thing down to a stop without a plop! :)

Can't wait to see more...

Mike

#4 Joffa_Dan Apr 24, 2010 03:15 PM

Cool, bit of a different spin on the original. Looks like it flies nice.
Well done!

#5 BatterysIncluded Apr 24, 2010 08:50 PM

Very nice. It looks like she is a nice slow bird and I'm glad to hear you are happy with the pulso. Did you use the original passive tail dimensions on this one?

#6 troynh Apr 25, 2010 06:17 AM

Thanks guys.

Gary,

You won't be disappointed with the Pulso. The Horizontal is Mikes but the vertical is mine from the F with a larger rudder.

-Tim

#7 sweatyfingers Apr 25, 2010 07:53 AM

Tim

great video and flying so slow and smooth. were you shooting with the GoPro HD? Windless days in New England? How do think it will handle 10-15 MPH wind?

#8 troynh Apr 25, 2010 10:57 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi SF,

Yes, the on-board video and stills were from the Hero HD. You can fly this in that wind but not for AP/AV. (It wouldn't be pretty.);)

-Tim

#9 Duck! Apr 25, 2010 12:41 PM

Very nice plane and flying!
matthew