RC Groups

RC Groups
    Coaxial Helicopters
        Discussion New to Ebay this week. 4 ch metal mini heli $33

#1 motorhomes4sal Apr 16, 2010 09:59 AM

New to Ebay this week. 4 ch metal mini heli $33
 
I have just found these this morning. They are new to Ebay this week.

4CH METAL FRAME RC RTF R/C MINI 3D GYRO HELICOPTER

$32.88 including shipping

I would love to here from anyone who has bought one.


Does anyone know which manufacturer makes them ? It would be great if Syma made a mini 4 chanel Helicopter the same good quality as a S107. ( I have a S107 and a S032 on its way for $32.95 )


http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-CH-4CH-METAL...item3a59d3ecba

#2 Russbrigham Apr 16, 2010 10:38 AM

I dont see anything on this that really shows it is a 4 channel. The description is too vague. Also it does not indicate that it has a gyro. Buyer beware!

#3 motorhomes4sal Apr 16, 2010 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russbrigham (Post 14869350)
I dont see anything on this that really shows it is a 4 channel. The description is too vague. Also it does not indicate that it has a gyro. Buyer beware!



The tail rotor is vertical, not horizontal like on a 3 chanel

More detailed photos on this listing on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-CH-METAL-FRA...item45f24455c8

#4 Russbrigham Apr 16, 2010 11:20 AM

Of course. Good eye. That makes this a little interesting!

#5 motorhomes4sal Apr 16, 2010 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russbrigham (Post 14869622)
Of course. Good eye. That makes this a little interesting!


Do you think its worth buying ? they are new to Ebay this week so I don't think anyone on the forum will have one yet

#6 Ceros007 Apr 16, 2010 11:51 AM

Ahaha controller looks like a Batman controller!

#7 Ceros007 Apr 16, 2010 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorhomes4sal (Post 14869499)
The tail rotor is vertical, not horizontal like on a 3 chanel

More detailed photos on this listing on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-CH-METAL-FRA...item45f24455c8

Ok I understand that on 3CH, the tail rotor ascend or descend the back of the helicopter to gives him an angle so he can fly forward or backyard. What I don't understand is how can this thing turn from left to right if he doesn't have a vertical tail rotor. Same question goes to this 4CH heli, how can he fly foward or backyard?

#8 erdnuckel2 Apr 16, 2010 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russbrigham (Post 14869350)
I dont see anything on this that really shows it is a 4 channel. The description is too vague. Also it does not indicate that it has a gyro. Buyer beware!

The thing with the tail rotor has already been said ... I would not even have considered this the most striking detail indicating it is 4 channel - much more important to me are the rods that come up from under the canopy to the :eek: swash !!! :eek:
Anybody ever saw a 3 channel heli with swashplate :cool:


So, who's first to buy one?? I will :popcorn:

#9 Greg_Vincent Apr 16, 2010 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceros007 (Post 14869876)
Ok I understand that on 3CH, the tail rotor ascend or descend the back of the helicopter to gives him an angle so he can fly forward or backyard. What I don't understand is how can this thing turn from left to right if he doesn't have a vertical tail rotor. Same question goes to this 4CH heli, how can he fly foward or backyard?

Almost all coaxes turn left/right by varying the rotor speeds. 4-channels do this and they also move forward and backward and slide left and and right by tilting the bottom rotor with a swash plate. If this copter truly has a working vertical tail rotor, it would be one of the few that turn using another smaller rotor. Some think it is just cosmetic. I think it's functional because as a non-scale copter, it doesn't make it look all that much better.

Anyway, I think Killbucket has already pulled the trigger on one so we will know more on this thing before very long.

#10 Sir Raleigh Apr 16, 2010 12:24 PM

Yep, the swash plate is the clue that it's a 4 channel.

A 4 channel coaxial helicopter doesn't even need a tail rotor to fly in any direction and I'm guessing the tail rotor on this one is fake since there's no motor on it.

I have a Revell Proto CX that's 4 channel and is has no tail rotor.

Bill

#11 motorhomes4sal Apr 16, 2010 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Raleigh (Post 14870076)
Yep, the swash plate is the clue that it's a 4 channel.

A 4 channel coaxial helicopter doesn't even need a tail rotor to fly in any direction and I'm guessing the tail rotor on this one is fake since there's no motor on it.

I have a Revell Proto CX that's 4 channel and is has no tail rotor.

Bill

Yes I saw the swash plate and rods just thought I would point out that it didn't have a horizontal tail rotor though as I couldn't remember the name of the thing that is a swash plate, I wasn't meaning it had a working vertical tail rotor, I agree the tail rotor is just for show and doesn't turn.

#12 Sir Raleigh Apr 16, 2010 12:56 PM

Oh, I wasn't trying to correct you, I was just adding my observations about 4 channel helis and the one referenced here in particular.

I have some 3 channel 'toys' and one 4 channel 'hobby grade' heli and personally I prefer flying the 3 channel 'toys' the best. Maybe it's because I fly all of my fixed wing planes in 3 channel mode and just haven't gotten used to the rudder being on the throttle stick.

Bill

#13 Z24 Apr 16, 2010 06:10 PM

Now that little guy is cool!

#14 motorhomes4sal Apr 16, 2010 11:19 PM

Anyone here bought one yet ?

#15 mikester Apr 16, 2010 11:38 PM

Interesting but I really dislike the IR...it has a swash so it must be 4CH right?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 PM.