RC Groups

RC Groups
    Dynamic Soaring
        Gallery Carrizo Gorge Video

#1 wr_mizzard Apr 07, 2010 01:22 PM

Carrizo Gorge Video

Here's some footage from Carrizo Gorge down here in San Diego from last week (3/31/10).
The exploding Raven starts it off followed by the Erwin, MCT, and a little bit of the D80 at the end.

Carrizo Gorge DS (5 min 31 sec)

Sorry about the music... but that's the song that was playing on the radio when we got back in the car at the end of the day with grins from ear to ear and it just happened to fit the length of the video. I'll post some unadulterated clips for you guys soon.

-James

#2 wr_mizzard Apr 07, 2010 07:50 PM

Raw footage

Here's some raw footage from that day.

NCFM Raven Blows Up at Carrizo Gorge (0 min 27 sec)

Slow Reads on an Opus (1 min 30 sec)

James Duarte's 246mph DS PB at Carrizo Gorge (2 min 27 sec)

They may still be encoding at the vimeo site... they'll be up and ready soon.

-James

#3 rockbus Apr 07, 2010 09:11 PM

The Raven vid is up now and after careful analysis I beleive Matin owes you a new plane MB James. The Raven saw the dark side and got scared.

Hope the others get up on Vimeo soon......

#4 L2 Airframes Apr 07, 2010 09:28 PM

Should have used a JW i bet it wouldn't have popped like the raven did:D:D:rolleyes:

B

#5 Mark Canfield Apr 07, 2010 10:26 PM

Nice footage James. The place looks huge, and those circuits were monsterous. I kept looking for the return lap back to the top :rolleyes: wondering if you're still coming LOL. Good score! And thanks for doing the leg work finding such a gem in SD county :D

#6 Ezza Apr 08, 2010 01:23 AM

:eek::How big are those circuits! Wow. Another world class spot. You guys are spoiled.:p

Eric

#7 quadshot Apr 08, 2010 09:39 PM

Founding ADSJ members rule!

Way to go brothers!

Amazing!!!

#8 daboz Apr 09, 2010 10:11 AM

Wow Garrizo Gorge fist day goes to the 12 fastest location in the world... Amazing!!

I'm adding you video to the page. If you want, could one of you guys send me/or post a google earh file,,, thanks

chris

#9 screamin' eagle Apr 09, 2010 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wr_mizzard (Post 14797074)

Sorry about the music...
-James

The video was cool and all, but did you just *apologize* for putting a Dead tune in your video? What the ....? :eek: Of course you should have overdubbed one of the live versions where they play straight through into Eyes of the World from Estimated Prophet. :rolleyes: 20 minutes plus of pure bliss. :D

#10 Joe W Apr 10, 2010 04:16 AM

+1 screamin' eagle

(http://tela.sugarmegs.org/_asxtela/g...dgeOfMagic.asx)

#11 wr_mizzard Apr 10, 2010 04:01 PM

Thanks for all the prop's everybody... it was really fun going up there after having spent some time out there in the past (rock climbing) before I even knew about DS'ng. Whoever designated BLM land was a saint.

Yes, the circuits were enormous! It's a shame the D80 didn't get more film time 'cause I seriously thought I was flying a D40 it was so small on the bottom turn. Now, if only the landing area could be so big. There are a lot of rocks to move if anyone wants some level of comfort up there.

And... don't get me wrong on the music guys... I wasn't apologizing for my selection of music, on the contrary I was totally stoked to see that it fit the video since it was the song that was on in the car when we finished flying that day (it was one of those "it's meant to be" moments I guess... whoa mannn, that's cool mannnn). I was just apologizing to those who would rather just hear the "whoossshhh" of 200mph+ :)

Thanks for the link Joe... helping me find my space :)

I look forward to getting back up there soon and seeing some others up there as well.

-James

#12 jduartep Apr 11, 2010 10:07 AM

Muller! The videos are great! That place is great! I can't wait to get back there.. Sorry for not getting your laps with the D80 but u are right it look so small. Next time!!

James d.

#13 Throne Apr 11, 2010 02:01 PM

We can move rocks, how close can I get my Rover?

Philip

#14 jduartep Apr 18, 2010 02:17 PM

Raven structure failure!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockbus (Post 14800595)
The Raven vid is up now and after careful analysis I beleive Matin owes you a new plane MB James. The Raven saw the dark side and got scared.

Hope the others get up on Vimeo soon......

I don't think the Raven got scared Ray, I had crash that plane a few weeks ago at Vincent and stuffed it in preatty good, so when it flew at Chorizo George I don't think it was structure sound like they are when u first get it from Matin. That's what I get for not waiting for the right parts from Matin:(

James D

#15 skorski Apr 18, 2010 04:55 PM

Did you ever find the Raven's fuse?
Mike.