RC Groups

RC Groups
    Electric Plane Talk
        Discussion The "I'm going out flying" thread

#1 C₄H₁₀ Mar 06, 2010 01:35 PM

The "I'm going out flying" thread

It's relatively warm and sunny out. I've got a plane all ready to go.

I'm gonna go fly!

#2 road_rascal Mar 06, 2010 03:39 PM

Have fun! I went through 8 packs last night flying my foamy Nutball with lights up and down my street. Also went after work for a few hours with a friend of mine. Right now it's pretty windy. Sunday looks nice though. Monday and Tuesday looks fantastic. Glad I have those 2 days off! I need to start charging some batteries....

#3 Xpress.. Mar 06, 2010 03:46 PM

I'm going out to screw around on my '79 ATC110 :D

No flying for me, raining :( (more fun in the mud though :p )

#4 C₄H₁₀ Mar 06, 2010 03:52 PM

Well, I had fun until the plane went 45' up a tree and stayed. I got out my 'rescue tools' and it was down within half an hour.

Minor damage was sustained but nothing more than a moderate crash would cause.

RR, nice weather we've been having lately, eh? Temps above 30* for awhile now. Hopefully it sticks around and doesn't get too crappy. I've got planes to fly..... :D

Xpress, enjoy yourself ;)

#5 orion13 Mar 06, 2010 04:12 PM

The first full day of flying for me in over 10 years. It was great with temps in the upper 50's and winds were light and variable. I put my foamie yak55 up no less then 25 times today. Seen people today I haven't seen in 10 years. It was great!!!

Orion13

#6 Laggard Mar 06, 2010 04:12 PM

TP15- Where you located?

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Twin_Cities_ParkFlyers/

#7 wamsy55 Mar 06, 2010 04:27 PM

I went flying ..... it was windy .. but it was fun :popcorn:

#8 C₄H₁₀ Mar 06, 2010 05:09 PM

Laggard- I'm in south Minneapolis, right near the western side of Lake Nokomis.I'll check out your link later. I'm going flying AGAIN!

PBF this time, using the fallen plane's receiver. I'm a bit stretched on equipment right now, you see.....

#9 foam and tape Mar 06, 2010 06:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)
had fun breaking 3 airplanes today....:o just scrached up another one took it out for its maidenflight and splat. lately alot of my planes are starting to suck, not sure why..

but atleast I got some aeiral vid for my movie I'm making:D

#10 flyingwing12 Mar 06, 2010 06:24 PM

I flew my PZ BF-109 about 10 times today, out here in Rougemont it was perfect for flying,

THE 109 IS AN AMAZING AIRPLANE!!!!!

#11 flyingwing12 Mar 06, 2010 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foam and tape (Post 14525538)
had fun breaking 3 airplanes today....:o just scrached up another one took it out for its maidenflight and splat. lately alot of my planes are starting to suck, not sure why..

but atleast I got some aeiral vid for my movie I'm making:D

YOU NEED TO USE MY METHOD OF MAKING AIRPLANES, USE EVEN NUMBERS FOR EVERY SIDE!!!!.

get some sense man! :D:D:D:D:D

#12 foam and tape Mar 06, 2010 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyingwing12 (Post 14525562)
YOU NEED TO USE MY METHOD OF MAKING AIRPLANES, USE EVEN NUMBERS FOR EVERY SIDE!!!!.

get some sense man! :D:D:D:D:D

Ya right :p they'd all come out sqare! :D

#13 C₄H₁₀ Mar 06, 2010 06:31 PM

Hey, wow... This thread is actually doing pretty good :D

I went out and flew my PBF. Destroyed it completely. My tx battery dumped WAAAYYYY faster and sooner than it should have. I had about 30 minutes on it from a fresh charge and it went from 9.9V to 8.6 in a few minutes.

Plane got strained through the same tree that I got the little trainer thing stuck in earlier today. Then it slammed into a concrete patio in someone's backyard. The patio won, to make a long story short.

So yeah, 2 planes wrecked in one day. Time to fix the little trainer and build a new PBF.

Oh, and for those that are wondering, I built the "trainer" long after I could fly proficiently as something fun and easy. It IS fun and easy, too. Love it. Same with the PBF.... but it's a 20" foam square with 270W powering it :eek:

#14 VROOMSTER Mar 06, 2010 06:34 PM

Heading out flying right now. Its a bit windy.... but sunny and warm.

#15 C₄H₁₀ Mar 06, 2010 06:42 PM

Have fun with that :D Sunny and warm sounds good.... I'd take sunny, warm and windy over cold, wet, and windy any day ;)