RC Groups

RC Groups
    Electric Plane Talk
        Discussion Banana Hobby Sky Surfer Problems

#1 cavy92 Mar 01, 2010 06:42 PM

Banana Hobby Sky Surfer Problems

Anyone else have problems with this plane. First time I started it, the plane's engine cuts out immediately when try to use the elevator, rudder or aileron.

ESC just keeps beeping. Turn the throttle off and then back on and it will re-arm. Problem is it does the same thing again.

Banana Hobby is useless and says that it is operator error and they aren't going to cover the issue. Unfortunately, it appears I am having another reported issue with Banana Hobby not backing up their product. This is unfortunate.

Any advice would be appreciated. There is no damage to the plane or electronics that I can see but the ESC keeps beeping weird sequences. I have turned it off and then reconnected everything with the same result.

Thanks for the advice.

#2 VROOMSTER Mar 01, 2010 06:52 PM

Do you have another ESC to try?

Or possibly other servos?

#3 cavy92 Mar 01, 2010 06:55 PM

yes, I do, but can't tell what ESC Amp is as I don't want to fry this thing. What should I do to check?

Thanks again.
Kevin

#4 killerwin Mar 01, 2010 07:09 PM

With so many complaints and problems people are having with Banana Hobby, I wonder why they're still selling planes! What a shame.

That ESC might not be enough. How many amps? Check the ESC label; it should say how many amps.

#5 mtnpilot Mar 01, 2010 07:24 PM

I hope somebody from BH reads this thread. Perhaps the dufus, Pete that is a consumate liar in his vids. I had credit card in hand ready to buy a Sky Surfer, but will not ever consider giving them my money at this point due to nothing but complaints. Now, consider that I am a business consultant for a living. They do not have enough money, monentum or honesty for me to make them successful...which I could if they had a clue. Pete, you should get real or get away from that abortion of a company!

#6 cavy92 Mar 01, 2010 07:38 PM

Well, I figured there was minimal risk with a small cost for Sky Surfer. Problem is the thing won't fly. Also, the ESC doesn't even have a label on it as it is a generic ESC with just Black Shrink on it.

#7 Xpress.. Mar 01, 2010 07:47 PM

Sounds more like a BEC issue to me. I have a buddy who had this problem before. Turns out, the BEC couldn't even handle moving one servo, and instantly reset.

Sounds to me like you'll need to get a new ESC. The website says a 20 amp speedo, so I would go with a 30 amp to be on the safe side. Brushed or brushless?

#8 cavy92 Mar 02, 2010 06:13 AM

Unfortunately it is the brushed version. Was going to use it for my son's first plane.

#9 joe-123 Mar 02, 2010 04:58 PM

I was about to buy that plane from Banana Hobby until I started reading the horrific customer complaints.

I quickly went over and got the Hawk Sky from nitroplanes.com. Fast shipping.

#10 mtnpilot Mar 02, 2010 05:16 PM

Hey Bananahammock! Ya`ll hearin` this? I wish that I had the opportunity that you throwing away! What ever. My money goes elsewhere.

#11 n2ceptor Mar 02, 2010 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe-123 (Post 14490199)
I was about to buy that plane from Banana Hobby until I started reading the horrific customer complaints.

http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/images/smilies/yes.gif http://www.camaroz28.com/forums/images/smilies/yes.gif I concur....

#12 killerwin Mar 03, 2010 05:29 AM

Getting back on topic, if you don't have another brushed ESC or any servos to try replacing, try going to hobbbypartz.com and picking up a few. They're cheap and shipping is like 5 bucks. It's probably a crappy ESC but you never know....

#13 JP n Texas Mar 03, 2010 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joe-123 (Post 14490199)

I have been looking at the Hawk Sky at nitro ever since the Sky Hawk web page came up and it is always out of stock. When did you order yours?
I found the un-brushed version but not the brushless RTF?

#14 killerwin Mar 03, 2010 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JP n Texas (Post 14495409)
I found the un-brushed version but not the brushless RTF?

I'm sorry, but I HAVE to ask: what is un-brushed??

#15 JP n Texas Mar 03, 2010 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by killioughtta (Post 14495442)
I'm sorry, but I HAVE to ask: what is un-brushed??

I should have said Standard Brushed Motor! :cool:
I don't know all these terms yet! :o :rolleyes: