RC Groups

RC Groups
    Park Flying Model Planes
        Discussion fabric for park flyer

#1 ssphoenix Feb 14, 2010 10:42 PM

fabric for park flyer

Where can I find some antic color (semi transparent) fabric for a project? I want to build a little foker or SA5 and cover (himax 2105 motor)?

Thanks in advance

#2 Parkflying Feb 18, 2010 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssphoenix (Post 14353297)
Where can I find some antic color (semi transparent) fabric for a project? I want to build a little foker or SA5 and cover (himax 2105 motor)?

Thanks in advance

We will endeavor to find it from one of our suppliers for you. This might take a few days but we will try to locate the fabric you need

Max

#3 ssphoenix Feb 21, 2010 09:57 PM

cover material

Hi Max,

I am about to start my project and really would like to find the material to cover the project. What everyone is using to cover light wings? I don't want heat shrinking type material. What are you guys using?

Greatly appreciate any info you can give me.

thanks

Jo

#4 Parkflying Feb 26, 2010 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssphoenix (Post 14413093)
Hi Max,

I am about to start my project and really would like to find the material to cover the project. What everyone is using to cover light wings? I don't want heat shrinking type material. What are you guys using?

Greatly appreciate any info you can give me.

thanks

Jo

Our associate LHS has silkspan that you can use with Butyrate Dope. This is in white. I believe we also have a stock of antique iron-on cloth that is low shrink, lightweight. We recommend Stix-it (or Balsa Rite) to prepare the frame work. Hope this helps; if so drop me private message and I will set you up with contact info to my associate store.

Max