RC Groups

RC Groups
    Radios
        New Product Spektrum DX8 & DX10

#1 dman69 Feb 09, 2010 11:23 PM

Spektrum DX8 & DX10
 
http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/aeroon...o_insight.html

#2 steve1814 Feb 12, 2010 03:03 PM

I'm definitely liking the DX10! Multiplex looks and flexibility, but in DSM2 which I already have - win/win for me!

Cheers,
Steve

#3 Spackles94 Feb 13, 2010 05:12 PM

I like the attention to details on the DX10 myself! And, finally, SD card support across the board!

#4 onewasp Feb 13, 2010 06:44 PM

The 10T is a European design TRAY radio. It is NOT a DX10.

I have no way of knowing with certainty, but I seriously doubt that we shall see it on this side of the pond.

#5 Spackles94 Feb 13, 2010 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onewasp (Post 14343115)
The 10T is a European design TRAY radio. It is NOT a DX10.

I have no way of knowing with certainty, but I seriously doubt that we shall see it on this side of the pond.

So, do you think they might release a DX10 with all the functions of the 10T, but in a repackaged way?

#6 onewasp Feb 13, 2010 07:46 PM

In a word, no.
If they do that would signal a major change in a contractual relationship regarding DSM2.

Of course all things can change over time, but I do not foresee this being the time.

#7 steve1814 Feb 14, 2010 12:14 AM

As long as it is compatible with my current receivers I find a way to own one

Cheers,
Steve

#8 Spackles94 Feb 14, 2010 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onewasp (Post 14343605)
In a word, no.
If they do that would signal a major change in a contractual relationship regarding DSM2.

Of course all things can change over time, but I do not foresee this being the time.

I see...

Do you think it has more to do with FCC filings and making it U.S.-friendly and whatnot?

#9 onewasp Feb 14, 2010 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spackles94 (Post 14345485)
I see...

Do you think it has more to do with FCC filings and making it U.S.-friendly and whatnot?

_________________________________________

Absolutely zero ! The RF sections have been approved since 2006(if not earlier)

It has to do with the "Ironclad" Contractual agreements signed and sealed in 2005 (if memory serves me correctly) .
Horizon and JR are the parties and 2.4GHz is the subject as are the brand responsibilities which are rigidly defined therein. Spektrum is one of the brands and JR the other.

#10 steve1814 Feb 16, 2010 01:39 AM

Official response from Spektrum:

Hello, Steven,

Thank you for your email and your interest in our Spektrum products.

The DX10 is a tray transmitter announced at the Nuremburg Toy Fair that was designed specifically for the European market. It is not a transmitter that we will have available in the US. We will have other Spektrum announcements available for the US market so please check back in with us!

Please let us know if we may assist you further as we are happy to help!

Have a great day!


I guess I'll have to order one from Germany when they become available.


Cheers,
Steve

#11 Spackles94 Feb 16, 2010 02:19 PM

Thanks for the info!

I wonder if it will be available to ship over here, given all the FCC restrictions and whatnot. I mean, if someone really wants one, they'll find a way to get one. But whether it's "allowed" over here remains a whole different story.

I could be mistaken, though. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve1814 (Post 14363250)
Official response from Spektrum:

Hello, Steven,

Thank you for your email and your interest in our Spektrum products.

The DX10 is a tray transmitter announced at the Nuremburg Toy Fair that was designed specifically for the European market. It is not a transmitter that we will have available in the US. We will have other Spektrum announcements available for the US market so please check back in with us!

Please let us know if we may assist you further as we are happy to help!

Have a great day!


I guess I'll have to order one from Germany when they become available.


Cheers,
Steve


#12 pda4you Feb 16, 2010 02:30 PM

Napo - I think the issue is more in the marketing agreement. I have heard that the 8 channel and below are Spektrum here in the US and 9 and up are JR brands. :)

Mike

#13 steve1814 Feb 16, 2010 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spackles94 (Post 14367233)
Thanks for the info!

I wonder if it will be available to ship over here, given all the FCC restrictions and whatnot. I mean, if someone really wants one, they'll find a way to get one. But whether it's "allowed" over here remains a whole different story.

I could be mistaken, though. :)

I think it was the other way around - our (USA) version of the 2.4 gHz radios transmitted too much power for Europe's use. I'm still going to try and get one if the current Spektrum line of receivers do work with it (the DX10T). Some of us 'merikans like using a tray - I have one for my DX-7 and X9303.:D

Cheers,
Steve

#14 Spackles94 Feb 16, 2010 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pda4you (Post 14367329)
Napo - I think the issue is more in the marketing agreement. I have heard that the 8 channel and below are Spektrum here in the US and 9 and up are JR brands. :)

Mike

Well, on that note, all you have to do is slap a different sticker in there, right? ;)

#15 pda4you Feb 16, 2010 05:34 PM

LOL - kinda just like that....


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 AM.