RC Groups

RC Groups
    Micro Helis
        Discussion New honey bee fp tail rotor not spinning

#1 bjfederi Dec 25, 2009 08:03 PM

New honey bee fp tail rotor not spinning

Im new to the whole RC helicopter thing and I just got a Honey Bee fp for christmas and am having trouble with it. When I move the throttle stick up the main rotor blades spin but the tail rotor will not spin. Please let me know if any of you have any suggestions. I am excited to get this thing up and running.

#2 AtTheCross Dec 25, 2009 08:42 PM

just the rotor not spinning or the motor too? if the motor is not spinning either, you can swap wires at the rx. If the tail spins and main doesn't you have a possible bad rx. if main does and tail still does not, you have bad tail motor or bad connection

was it nit working out of the box?

#3 bjfederi Dec 25, 2009 08:57 PM

Yeah its been like this right out of the box. I swapped the wires at the RX and the tail spins and the main doesnt so I think it is a bad RX. Guess I gotta send it back. Thanks for your help

#4 arbilab Dec 25, 2009 09:08 PM

Sorry you got a dead one. Happens to all brands. HBFP is fun, if demanding.

Swapping the connectors lets out the motors and the wiring. The reseller should send you another 4x1 at least, if not a whole 'nother aircraft. Let us know what they do for you and who they are. This can happen to anyone and it's good to know which dealers stand behind you.

#5 AtTheCross Dec 25, 2009 09:39 PM

bummer, where'd you get it from? All stores have some percentage DOA, but if you got it from overseas, it makes it a little harder (unless you're from overseas ;))

#6 AtTheCross Dec 25, 2009 09:43 PM

don't know your experience level, so going really basic. Make sure TX powered up first then RX wait for all lights to stop blinking then give throttle a shot

#7 bjfederi Dec 25, 2009 10:43 PM

I got it straight from ESky. I did wait till the lights quit blinking to move the throttle. I feel like I have tried every possible option. Im going to contact ESky monday when they open and see what they have to say. Thanks for everyones input.