. . .

. . .

#2 MarkJayne Dec 16, 2009 10:23 AM

So Socomon has moved into the Jet age :eek:

Looking good mate.

Mark:)

#3 Socomon Dec 16, 2009 10:42 AM

Thanks Mark.

I haven't forgotten about that photo I promised you either. I upgraded my PC to windows 7 and it buggered the streaming to my PS3. So far, I have not had a chance to straighten it out. One of these weekends though . . .

#4 MarkJayne Dec 16, 2009 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Socomon (Post 13835554)
Thanks Mark.

I haven't forgotten about that photo I promised you either. I upgraded my PC to windows 7 and it buggered the streaming to my PS3. So far, I have not had a chance to straighten it out. One of these weekends though . . .

And thats the best excuse you could come up with :rolleyes: :D

Naa...don't worry about it Steve, I'd much rather see this beauty in the air, you'll love it I'm sure.

Mark

#5 Socomon Dec 16, 2009 01:29 PM

Thanks Mark. It has 5 flights on it so far. Pretty much all trim flights. My buddy did most of the flying and I flew it some on the buddy box and did 1 take-off. The CG was a bit too far aft for the first two flights, but better now.

The standard fuel tank (50 oz) is too small with my engine (5 minute flight), so I have it taken apart again at the moment to fit an 80 oz kevlar tank that should give 7 minutes or better. On the last flight with the standard tank, when we landed we discovered we were maybe 30 seconds from a flame-out due to running out of fuel.

#6 MarkJayne Dec 16, 2009 03:37 PM

What she like on a glide, I've seen the standard Boomerang fly and it looks a gem to fly, the guy had a UC problem so decided to belly land, did it without a scratch (on grass) ;)

Get someone to video it Steve.

Mark

#7 Socomon Dec 16, 2009 03:53 PM

I have not yet attempted a landing myself, but my buddy said he was chopping the throttle before the turn to final and it was floating in from there, so I dare say it must glide quite well. The wing is shorter on the Nano compared to the other boomers, but has a rather wide chord.

Video in the spring.