RC Groups

RC Groups
    Vendor Talk
        Alert wowhobbies.com General Common sense (defected item from shop)

#1 moonbst1 Nov 19, 2009 11:01 PM

wowhobbies.com General Common sense (defected item from shop)

Hello all.. please understand my poor English.

I ordered WK-2801 pro controller with 4#3b upgraded combo set from wow******.com.
As soon as I got this package I opened the box and tested all conditions.
Finally I realized one of digital trim button on 2801 controller has one defect.
Problem was it is hard to press the button. Button is not reliable.
It is New item, and I never used it.
So I requested them to exchange to replacement one.
Also I requested to send me shipping label for returning process..
(In my experience I always get return label from seller such as buy.com newegg.com, etc)
I believe that most this kinds of case seller has to pay every expense.

Because they send me a defected item, seller has to send a return label to buyer
at the same time seller re-send a replacement item to customer with their cost.
Am I thinking wrong ??

I got answers from them as follow,

-------------------------------------
Sent:Thu, 19 Nov 2009 21:24:29 +0000
Hi, you will have to pay shipping back to us and we will pay shipping to you.
--------------------------------------
Sent: Thu 11/19/09 7:23 PM
Hi, now I understand. Go ahead and sent it back. Our address is in our site under contact us. Please include a description and the order number with the return.
----------------------------------------
Sent: Thu 11/19/09 7:04 PM
Hi, customer pays shipping to us and we pay shipping to customer. That is industry standard.

My question is "That is industry standard." <--- this part.
What is the general common rule or common sense In this case ??
Who is gonna pay for exchange processing cost?

Please leave a shot comment .
Thank you.

#2 tmetz Dec 31, 2009 09:29 PM

I'm going through some BS with them at them moment as well. Wish I had read this first.

Tim

#3 turbored21 Jan 02, 2010 09:59 AM

even with large companies such as tower horizon ect.. you in most cases need to pay shipping back to them for issues such as this.. there are cases however where they make a mistake "wrong item completely or similar" where they will either pay shipping or send the new item and tell you to keep the mistake "normally cheaper product"

i understand your point though.. in some cases it costs as much to ship it back for replacement as the item itself did.... in these cases i usually call customer service directly and explain that ive already paid for the item once..... i dont wish to pay for it twice to get a working/correct item.. in that case tower/horizon will usually issue a shipping label or number but its a rare case

#4 Ronon Jan 26, 2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmetz (Post 13950619)
I'm going through some BS with them at them moment as well. Wish I had read this first.

Same here.

#5 WTFLYR Jan 26, 2010 11:08 AM

If you pay the shipping cost to send the item back to them, and they rapidly send you a replacement, then I'd say you've done pretty well. We'll see how quickly, and if they send a replacement, after you do that.

If the item is small, then the shipping can be quite reasonable.

#6 KCV6 Jan 26, 2010 11:33 PM

More and More places now won't cover warranty or any form of return shipping costs even if the item was clearly sent defective from them.

Mark

#7 Ronon Jan 27, 2010 11:24 AM

I had to pay the shipping for a return to Wow Hobbies. Fortunately there are better vendors who actually care about their customers and customer service like MyAtomic and they send you a preprinted shipping label.