RC Groups

RC Groups
    Hitec/Multiplex USA
        Question Aurora balance question

#1 M.Struck Oct 30, 2009 08:19 PM

Aurora balance question

Does the new Aurora 9 balance/hang level with a neckstrap without any aftermarket attachments?

Matt

#2 CyberPilot Oct 31, 2009 12:45 PM

Who sells an aftermarket balancer for a reasonable price that will work with the Aurora? Does Hitec have one?

Thanks,
Dave

#3 mando Oct 31, 2009 01:58 PM

Looks like there's a few of them out there. I like the looks of this one:

http://www.helicopterjohn.com/products/tb.cfm
Wonder if it'll work?

#4 A.T. Oct 31, 2009 04:07 PM

Aurora Transmitter Weight Balancer

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by M.Struck (Post 13468159)
Does the new Aurora 9 balance/hang level with a neckstrap without any aftermarket attachments? Matt

No, slightly bottom down but quite level when the extended 35-72Mhz antenna is installed. Rarely use a neck strap and the feel both with and without the strap is very comfortable, I would not use any weight adjusters. (users do not always agree on what is the best balance position.) As an aside, transmitter re-balancing is requested by those using neck straps on almost all module based transmitters as both Antenna and Battery pack types may be frequently interchanged. IMHO the designers of the Aurora made the best compromise as it is much easier to add a small counterbalance at the top, as provided for the many other brands than to add what would be a much heavier counterbalance at the bottom when the extended 72Mhz antenna is being used as no doubt many will use the Aurora with existing 72 Mhz and other frequencies, for quite some time to come.

An Alloy Transmitter Weight Balancer, "-#55843 Transmitter Weight Balancer (Red Color)" as pictured, gives the best balance position for Hitec radios, such as Optic, Optic Sport, Eclipse and Aurora.
Available from May 2010.

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

#5 LAN Nov 02, 2009 06:20 AM

My personal opinion is that the balance is way off and not "slightly down". Even with the TX battery removed the balance is off. But that's about the only thing I dislike with the Aurora, and as already stated there are many different balancers out there. I have ordered this one, looks nice and should arrive in a few days. Will report back.

Edit: The one I link to looks like the G-Force one that Alan linked to from Esprit Models, but at about half price.

#6 CyberPilot Nov 02, 2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LAN (Post 13485032)
My personal opinion is that the balance is way off and not "slightly down". Even with the TX battery removed the balance is off. But that's about the only thing I dislike with the Aurora, and as already stated there are many different balancers out there. I have ordered this one, looks nice and should arrive in a few days. Will report back.

Edit: The one I link to looks like the G-Force one that Alan linked to from Esprit Models, but at about half price.

Please let us know how that one works. I am a neck strap user and I'm very interested in getting a balancer. I believe it was the G-Force or one very similar that gave measurements. Using my calipers to estimate where it would go on my Aurora, it looked like it might just squeeze in between the trim buttons but might still be a little in the way; it was very close.

Anyone else that uses a balancer for the Aurora please let us know how it works as well.

Thanks,
Dave

#7 mando Nov 04, 2009 05:26 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Got one from Helicopter John today. Real nice piece of work, fits perfect and feals great!

#8 CyberPilot Nov 04, 2009 05:46 PM

Mando,

Thanks for the update on Helicopter John's balancer. It looks like a winner.

Dave

#9 CyberPilot Nov 04, 2009 05:52 PM

Mando,

Can you post a picture from the top looking down on it.

Thanks

#10 mando Nov 04, 2009 07:25 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here ya go.........

#11 CyberPilot Nov 04, 2009 11:17 PM

Thanks Mando

Dave

#12 LAN Nov 16, 2009 01:14 PM

I finally received my balancer, see this post for details and some photos. It works very well.

/Leif

#13 exciter900rr Mar 13, 2010 12:35 AM

Must.... resist.......... must........ have!!!!!!!!!
:)

#14 BobRCnut Mar 19, 2010 08:18 AM

I picked up one at E/F Expo this year for $10, made by Spektrum (#SPM6703), and with a minor modification, it works fine with the Aurora Tx. The part that slips over the existing strap attach point is just a few thousandths too long and the screw won't thread thru. I filed a tad off the end so the screw hole was centered in the attach point hole. No interference with the on/off switch and it's adjustable to suit your preferred angle of balance.

#15 Markus05 Apr 01, 2010 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mando (Post 13507289)
Here ya go.........

Could you please send me the size of it or a little drawing?