RC Groups

RC Groups
    Electric Heli Talk
        How to fix tracking! On the Corona!

#1 cmikecs Apr 24, 2003 09:55 PM

How to fix tracking! On the Corona!

Could somebody show me what to adjust on the Corona, perhaps a picture, I like pictures!

#2 K.C. Apr 24, 2003 10:04 PM

You should check the Corona operator's manual. Not the assembly instructions - the other one. You can download it from the Lite Machines website if you don't have it. They have a very good description of the tracking process - complete with pictures!

KC

#3 rob mueller Apr 25, 2003 09:46 AM

Hello cmikecs. K.C. is right, and let us know if you got them tracked. It is very important to have them track evenly to prevent vibration and uneven lift. I wear safety glasses as a extra precaution since I find my eyes have to be in line with the blades to see if they are even or not. Also, weigh the heli down by putting a metre or yard stick through the skids and adding a couple heavy books etc. One last note that the instructions don't tell you: track them in a room that you have different background colors (like biege wall next to a wood cabinet, or sofa...) The reason for this is that sometimes you can't see the blades or tape that well, so by moving your body to give a different background the tape and blades show up better. Just a few thoughts.