RC Groups

RC Groups
    Slope
        Discussion Help with wing cores for Super Cheetah Restoration

#1 mrbob2 Oct 11, 2009 11:55 PM

Help with wing cores for Super Cheetah Restoration

I just pulled my fuselage out of storage because I moved down to the cliffs of Baja. I do not have a wing for it. Could I buy a generic foam wing?
Full Wing Span is 48.5".

From L.E. to T.E. 10-3/8"

Thickness is 1-11/16".

Airfoil is a N0015.
Or do I need to buy a blank and make my own. Does anybody have a set of plans that shows the wing layout to make a jig for a foam cutter. I had a lot of fun with this plane since it was able to handle my rough flying.
Now I can have some fun with it on the slopes.

thanks, Bob

#2 oldscooler Oct 16, 2009 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrbob2
I just pulled my fuselage out of storage because I moved down to the cliffs of Baja. I do not have a wing for it. Could I buy a generic foam wing?
Full Wing Span is 48.5".

thanks, Bob

Bob, i think i have a spare set of SC cores (63" span) but they have been sitting for 10-12 years and were an early practice set when i started cutting. Could probably be saved with a little TLC. Interested? PM me.

Eric

#3 D.S. Oct 16, 2009 09:50 PM

There are a number of guys that can cut new cores for you, hopefully some folks can post here and tell you who they use and like. :)

Dean

#4 D.S. Oct 17, 2009 07:20 PM

I don't have any personal experience buying from them but a friend of mine recently recommended these guys and they do have a nice web page:
http://www.flyingfoam.com/

Dean

#5 oldscooler Oct 17, 2009 10:53 PM

I'm having Bob at Flying Foam do some new prototype Gryphon cores at the moment. Very nice guy and very flexible. Pricing isn't bad either.

EJ