RC Groups

RC Groups
    Racing Boats - Electric
        Discussion 1/12th scale fiberglass t-plus hydro for FE.

#1 maverick pro Sep 30, 2009 03:12 PM

1/12th scale fiberglass t-plus hydro for FE.

would there be any market in makeing a FE fiberglass 1/12 t-plus hydro? i have a plug and was thinking of makeing some hulls if there was any intrest in this style hydro. same hull as the dpi t-plus just in glass or carbon, polyester or epoxy layup.

thanks...mike

#2 HYDROJERRY Sep 30, 2009 03:33 PM

maybe but i cant seem to find any pics anywhere, do you have some to show and what would the prices be.

#3 maverick pro Sep 30, 2009 04:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
here are some pics i have of the real miss t plus. as for price not sure yet i have to see what all the materials are going to cost first. i will let you know when the first hull is pulled from the mold. i think i will have a hull ready to sell around 80 to 120.00 but thats just a guess. maybe more maybe less.

thanks...mike

#4 HYDROJERRY Sep 30, 2009 04:31 PM

looks nice, let us no.

#5 maverick pro Sep 30, 2009 04:58 PM

will do hydrojerry....im leaving for the weekend and should be at it on tuesday.

thanks again....mike

#6 maverick pro Oct 08, 2009 04:29 PM

ok guys...ive started the waxing of all the parts after going over them real carefull for defects or pin holes. should start pulling parts soon. i will aslo post pics of the progress.

thanks again...mike

#7 HYDROJERRY Oct 08, 2009 07:09 PM

keep on big guy cant wate to see.

#8 maverick pro Oct 08, 2009 08:22 PM

5 Attachment(s)
got some pics tonight of the abs parts to wax. the cowl and the fins are ready for gelcoat. the hull needs to be waxed still. just wanted to put it togeather to show what the hull will look like :cool: .

thanks again...mike

#9 HYDROJERRY Oct 09, 2009 07:05 AM

man maverick that looks nice but dont forget people can buy a new hull for arround 150.00 so dont go crazy but looks worth it, nice work man. dont listen to me man im just a poor newbie. :)

#10 maverick pro Oct 09, 2009 01:23 PM

hahaha....no problem. i hope i can build them for cheap and still have a nice hull when im done. the one neet thing about this hull is you dont see them often. will see what happens in the next week.

thanks again...mike

#11 maverick pro Oct 11, 2009 01:52 AM

2 Attachment(s)
i dont miss doing this at all :censored: :D :mad: :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

fin set and cowl layup....only 4 more layer to go lol.

#12 maverick pro Oct 11, 2009 11:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
pulled parts tonight....they look good but need some wet sanding. on to the hull next.

thanks...mike

#13 maverick pro Oct 14, 2009 06:31 PM

3 Attachment(s)
hull mold almost finished.....not easy to do. the boxes in the reare of the hull are the hardest part to ad glass to doesnt wont to stick. but got it to so it should be just fine after a couple more layers of glass.

thanks....

#14 maverick pro Oct 17, 2009 09:28 PM

sorry boys and girls....this project is over :( if you ever make a mold from ABS with polyester resin you better use pva after the coats of wax. if not your part will be eaten by the gelcoat and stick to the mold to no end.

thats what ended up happening to my lower hull that is now junk. the only reason the other parts came out ok was i used 9 coats of wax with 3 coats of pva. this will never happen again after what this cost me.

the mold may be saved if i can get the other parts out. the mold will need extensive work to be ready for parts.

again....sorry

#15 MarcRacer18 Oct 17, 2009 11:51 PM

Well I'll give you credit for the idea. Just part of the lerning expirence i guess. If you salvage the mold let us know. It could still bring in some $$.

And Just a common rule of manufacturing: sell the product for at least 2 times as much as you spent making it whether it be the individual part or the whole lot of em. good luck!