RC Groups

RC Groups
    Life, The Universe, and Politics
        Discussion Arrogance breeds revolt.

#1 rcjetpilot Jul 31, 2009 07:07 PM

Arrogance breeds revolt.
 
As the August recess approaches for many congress hacks, they are finding the folk back home are not very pleased.

This was posted on Yahoo:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/200...politico/25646

I found this comment to be most revealing:
Quote:

I have no problem with someone disagreeing with positions I hold,” Bishop said, noting that, for the time being, he was using other platforms to communicate with his constituents. “But I also believe no one is served if you can’t talk through differences.”
Positions he holds? This is why he doesn’t understand the revolt.


Bob

#2 yucafrita Jul 31, 2009 07:13 PM

If you dont mind me asking... what revolt are you talking about?

#3 DT56 Aug 01, 2009 01:51 AM

Some have to smell the tar and feathers before it sinks in!

#4 Highflight Aug 01, 2009 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DT56
Some have to smell the tar and feathers before it sinks in!

... :D

#5 FL Knifemaker Aug 01, 2009 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yucafrita
If you dont mind me asking... what revolt are you talking about?

I'm guessing it would be the one over out of control spending, big government growing, socialistic bills, a weaking of our foreign policy, lack of support for Israel and expensive plans that have had little to no affect on unemployment. Think of it as a Tea Party on a much larger scale ;)

#6 rcjetpilot Aug 02, 2009 03:48 PM

A WND link with some good links to town hall meeting vids:
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=105758

This is just the edge of the visible horizon.

#7 jumpinjo Aug 02, 2009 07:34 PM

I like the tar and feather option! How about term limits for everyone in congress! I can see whats on the horizen. It's not a good thing,thats for sure.

#8 rcjetpilot Aug 02, 2009 08:21 PM

Tar and feathers, perhaps :)

I suspect they all will be getting an earful now that they are out of the bubble.

Bob

#9 yucafrita Aug 02, 2009 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FL Knifemaker
I'm guessing it would be the one over out of control spending, big government growing, socialistic bills, a weaking of our foreign policy, lack of support for Israel and expensive plans that have had little to no affect on unemployment. Think of it as a Tea Party on a much larger scale ;)

Oh... that revolt? then i should not worry. :D
For a moment, i had a vision of gun totin, bible loving rednecks coming out of their miltia compounds storming Washington! :rolleyes:
I kid....i kid, knifemaker!

#10 DT56 Aug 03, 2009 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j. marquis
I like the tar and feather option! How about term limits for everyone in congress! I can see whats on the horizen. It's not a good thing,thats for sure.


If we make it less lucrative, we'll get fewer career politicians. How about we trade the pension and the salary for room, board and a thousand dollars a month walking around money. Repair a dilapidated D.C. public housing facility in which residency would be required. Meals would be prepared by a local soup kitchen.

That would be a good start on eliminating the profit motive.

#11 leccyflyer Aug 03, 2009 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DT56
If we make it less lucrative, we'll get fewer career politicians. How about we trade the pension and the salary for room, board and a thousand dollars a month walking around money. Repair a dilapidated D.C. public housing facility in which residency would be required. Meals would be prepared by a local soup kitchen.

That would be a good start on eliminating the profit motive.

...and be bound to attract the very highest calibre of candidate.

#12 Moe M. Aug 03, 2009 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leccyflyer
...and be bound to attract the very highest calibre of candidate.

Sometimes I wonder, those that we have to choose from now are no great shakes.

#13 Indiana_Geoff Aug 03, 2009 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j. marquis
I like the tar and feather option! How about term limits for everyone in congress! I can see whats on the horizen. It's not a good thing,thats for sure.

The GOP tried that. The Supreme Court ruled and it will require a Constitutional Amendment to put term limits in place.

Besides, California has term limits on State Office holders. It's not working too well out there.

#14 rcjetpilot Aug 03, 2009 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indiana_Geoff
The GOP tried that. The Supreme Court ruled and it will require a Constitutional Amendment to put term limits in place.

Besides, California has term limits on State Office holders. It's not working too well out there.

We don’t need terms limits, we just need to apply the law, affirmative action

It’s painfully obvious that Non-Lawyers are heavily discriminated against. :eek:

Bob


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54 PM.