RC Groups

RC Groups
    Electric Flight Events
        Fly-In Fort Wayne Electri-Fly (Indiana)

#1 Pat Mattes Jul 10, 2009 12:32 PM

Fort Wayne Electri-Fly (Indiana)

Join us for the 12th Annual Fort Wayne Electri-Fly!

Electric-only event runs from 8am to 4pm. We have a large field, well planted and rolled often. Also, a nice clubhouse and shade shelters with electricity. Lunch will be available for purchase, at more than reasonable prices. Entry Fee is $5.00. Must be AMA. $300 in door and raffle prizes. Tailgate swappers welcome.

Hope to see you there!

Patrick Mattes CD
phone: 260-478-7302
email: pat-ingrid-mattes@juno.com.
Sponsor: FORT WAYNE FLYING CIRCUITS
www.flyingcircuits.org

#2 homer49 Jul 10, 2009 01:47 PM

Would be nice to know when this is??!!

#3 Doctor Who Jul 10, 2009 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homer49
Would be nice to know when this is??!!

Annual Electric Fly-in: Aug 8 (Sat) per their website

How many pilots normally attend this event?

#4 Dave Grife Jul 12, 2009 07:38 PM

Hi Pat,

I'm going to be there and I'm recruiting as many folks as I can !

Incredible flying site and very cool laid back fly-in.

-DG

#5 jsmith285 Jul 13, 2009 02:35 PM

We are coming and bring planes

Incredible flying field and facilities. Nice and flat run way. Looking forward to the event. The Mid america EFO group should check this place out and hold their events there. The place even has electric in the pits for charging batteries and radios. Very cool place to fly. Need any help Patt?

#6 joesmith285 Jul 13, 2009 11:56 PM

You don't want to miss this awsome event!

I fly at this field every weekend and I just love it. The field is rolled a lot so the runway is very smooth. The flying circuits club is full of a bunch of really nice guys who love to fly planes. This is a great event that you don't want to miss. I am hoping they will let me put on some 3d flying demos.

#7 Doctor Who Jul 14, 2009 05:38 PM

So what kind of turn out do you get at this event?

#8 Dave Grife Jul 14, 2009 06:58 PM

Hi,

The 3-D demo sounds really cool, but you might make a few ol' farts feel like ol' farts.

But then again, if you ever desire to learn to build something that looks like a really cool ol' airplane, it is always a good idea to be friendly to us of the fore-mentioned group. :D

I'm looking forward to seeing you fly, sorry I missed you @ Mid-Am

-DG

#9 joesmith285 Jul 14, 2009 11:25 PM

Hi Dave, I'm really happy your coming to the fly-in. I don't want to make the old farts mad because most of them are really nice to me and help me if I need it.

#10 joesmith285 Jul 14, 2009 11:27 PM

If you have G4 and you want to know what the Flying Circuits Field is like before you ever get there, then download the flying field for g4.

http://knifeedge.com/forums/download...o=file&id=8486

#11 jsmith285 Jul 15, 2009 07:22 AM

Google maps link to site

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...2&z=15&iwloc=A

1701 S. Webster Road, New Haven, IN

#12 jsmith285 Jul 15, 2009 07:26 AM

Hotels in the area

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...,0.160847&z=13

#13 jsmith285 Jul 15, 2009 07:57 AM

Camping is available

The Flying site is part of Jefferson Township Park. The Park has a small campground on site with Electric, water, showers, sewer. Its about a 60 yard walk to the flying site.

#14 jsmith285 Jul 15, 2009 08:30 AM

Since you mentioned The Mid America's groups Planes

Dave-- without a doubt the Mid America's groups planes are the coolest planes We've seen. The quality of the building and attention to scale and detail was incredible. Can't even imagine putting that many hours into a plane and flying them. Some one mention during the show that foam was ment for ice coolers. Man was he not joking after seeing their scale planes. Hope some of those planes can make the trip to the Fort Wayne fly in, I need some more pictures.

#15 skycarcass Jul 16, 2009 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Grife
Hi,

The 3-D demo sounds really cool, but you might make a few ol' farts feel like ol' farts.

But then again, if you ever desire to learn to build something that looks like a really cool ol' airplane, it is always a good idea to be friendly to us of the fore-mentioned group. :D

I'm looking forward to seeing you fly, sorry I missed you @ Mid-Am

-DG

Dave,

Does this fly in tend to be laid back like our electric fly in is? I'm thinking about attending but was wondering what the atmosphere was like.