RC Groups

RC Groups
    Hitec/Multiplex USA
        Discussion Aurora 9 Video Walkthough now w/Heli & GLID

#1 MikeMayberry Jun 18, 2009 12:10 AM

Aurora 9 Video Walkthough now w/Heli & GLID

Enjoy! :D

Data Transfer

Hitec Aurora Data Transfer (1 min 25 sec)

New GLIDER set up.

Hitec Aurora Model Setup GLID (7 min 21 sec)

New Heli Set Up. :D

Hitec Aurora Heli Setup (9 min 29 sec)

Hitec Aurora Intro (0 min 19 sec)

Hitec Aurora 9 new model set up (2 min 49 sec)

Hitec Aurora 9 Model Menu ACRO (8 min 39 sec)

Hitec Aurora 9 System Menu (3 min 37 sec)

Hitec Aurora 9 Dashboard Menu (1 min 7 sec)

#2 4*60 Jun 18, 2009 12:32 AM

Impressive.
Especially with the piano player finger with long nail.

My stubby arthritic hands would need to be enhanced with a stylus! :)

#3 CyberPilot Jun 18, 2009 01:31 AM

Very cool!

I have a couple of questions:

1. Can the monitor show numerical percentages as well as a bar graph? That would be useful in centering servos or for setting up heli swash etc.

2. Does the throttle lock work for heli or sailplane model types as well?

Thanks,
Dave

#4 Thomas. Jun 18, 2009 05:28 AM

Nice, and heli ? :)

#5 LAN Jun 18, 2009 05:31 AM

Nice videos, thanks! I noticed a "region" in the system info. Does this mean a radio bought in USA would not work with receivers bought in Europe or vice versa?

#6 Howard L Jun 18, 2009 06:04 AM

Thank you - very informative. This radio has all of the earmarks of a new industry standard. Please tell us when you expect the first shipment to be here.

Howard

#7 MikeMayberry Jun 18, 2009 12:24 PM

Monitor is only a graph.

Throttle lock works in all model types.

Heli and Glid menus... Working on it!

Region should not affect the usage.

Delivery? I'm thinking August(ish).

Mike.

#8 Andika Jun 18, 2009 08:35 PM

Aurora9 is 2048 resolution or better ?
Does its latency is faster than a DX7SE ? :rolleyes:

Why are the Servo Monitor % disabled ?
Why dont a video with helicopters setup ?

#9 Arbo Jun 18, 2009 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeMayberry
Delivery? I'm thinking August(ish).

Is there any real set in stone time frame for release? I want one badly, have the money sitting aside for one already. But looking at older threads I see it has been pushed back for a LONG time now, so I'm worried August will become December, and so on... Having sold off my other radio already, that would suck.

#10 Guz Jun 18, 2009 10:02 PM

Dang, about the only thing missing is the ability to rotate the gimbals. Then it would take the place of the RoyalEVO/PRO.

#11 pda4you Jun 19, 2009 01:53 PM

Great vids Mike!

Mike

#12 dswitkin Jun 21, 2009 04:58 PM

Thanks for the videos Mike.

As a software engineer, I have one quick comment: the back button (the door in the upper right) is great and consistent across screens. However, sometimes it also acts to confirm a value, like a switch setting, which is a bit confusing. I think either of these suggestions would be clearer in those cases:

1. Just tapping a switch should cause it to blink for one second to confirm it was pressed, then return to the screen you came from. This saves an extra press.

OR

2. After pressing a switch to highlight it, press a separate SET button to confirm. Pressing the door button would cancel this selection, reverting to the previous value.

Personally I prefer #1 as it's faster.

Also, kudos on being able to change both endpoints, both dual rates, etc. at the same time. It drives me nuts that I have to set these parameters redundantly on my Futaba 12FG. This is such a good feature that I suggest highlighting both values by default, since most people use symmetrical dual rates.

Cheers,
Daniel

#13 MikeMayberry Jun 22, 2009 02:13 PM

Actually, the door button icon only gets you back to the previous menu. Yes, when you select the switch you hit it, but only to go back to the previous screen, not to confirm.

Mike.

#14 pda4you Jun 22, 2009 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dswitkin
Also, kudos on being able to change both endpoints, both dual rates, etc. at the same time. It drives me nuts that I have to set these parameters redundantly on my Futaba 12FG. This is such a good feature that I suggest highlighting both values by default, since most people use symmetrical dual rates.

Cheers,
Daniel

+1 - ditto - that is brilliant! I hate holding the sick off center to get to the "other" side too.

Mike another question - does it offer trim step (i.e. how much deflection each "click" of trim gives you)?

Mike

#15 Thomas. Jun 24, 2009 04:46 PM

new heli setup :)