RC Groups

RC Groups
    Batteries and Chargers
        Discussion CellLog and PowerLog have been released!

#1 junsi May 27, 2009 01:26 AM

CellLog and PowerLog have been released!

10 Attachment(s)
I’d like to recommend you a newly produced CellLog 8S, which can measure 2-8S Li battery individual voltage, and NiMH, NiCd, Pb battery pack voltage. It has a 16Mbit flash storage, which can log offline data in 36 hours. It not only supports upgrading the hardware program by USB port, but also supports the “logview” software and can display, plot and analyze the charge and discharge data by it.

Are you eager to know details about it? The following lists are its main specifications:

Lithium (LiPo/LiIo/LiFe) battery cell count: 2 – 8 series
Pack voltage range: 4.0 – 43.0VDC (USB can provide lower voltage 1.0V)
Alarm pack voltage range: 0.1 – 43.0VDC
Cell voltage range: 1.3 – 4.9VDC
Alarm cell voltage range: 1.3 – 4.9VDC
Voltage display resolution: 1mV
Current loading of test: 8mA
Maximum voltage for alarm port: 50VDC
Current drain for alarm port: <500mA
Log Files storage: 16Mbit (36 hours)
Sample logging time interval: 2 seconds
PC Connect: USB port
Weight: 18g
Dimensions (L X W X D): 62X39X12mm
2.44”X1.53”X0.47”

Another data logger product PowerLog has been released already. The following information is PowerLog introduction:

PowerLog is one multifunctional compact monitoring and logging machine, adopting 32 bit ARM processor, with 12 bit A/D convertor to ensure the measurement.

Spcifications:
Input voltage range: 4.5 – 60.0VDC
Current measurement range: -130A – +130A(continuance -40A – +40A)
Cell voltage range: 0.05 – 28.0VDC
External temperature measurement range: -55℃– +125℃ (-67 oF–+257 oF)
Pulse measurement range: 10us–999999us
Steering gear pulse output range: 0–20ms (0.5us step)
RPM measurement range: 0–99999 RPM
Voltage display resolution: 1mV
Current loading of test: 12mA
Maximum voltage for alarm port: 50VDC
Current drain for alarm port: <500mA
Log Files storage: 16Mbit (33 hours@2 seconds logging interval)
Sample logging time interval: 0.25 – 60 seconds
PC Connect: USB port
Weight: 28g
Dimensions (L X W X D): 85X40X13mm
3.34”X1.57”X0.51”
Special features:
PowerLog 6S allows bidirectional current sensing, adopting 0.2 mΩ current sampling resistor with low insertion loss.

1 channel 0-60V voltage measurement. 6 channels cells voltage measurement (can not only measure 1-6S Li/ NiMH/NiCd/ Pb battery individual voltage, but also measure 6 channels 0.05-28V voltage).

4 channels temperature measurement (1 channel internal temperature measurement and 3 channels external temperature measurement).

Propeller RPM measurement, adopting non-contact optical sensing, user settable blade number.

Pulse signal measurement: frequency, period, pulse width, duty cycle. Applicable to remote control channel signal, measure, and monitor.

Steering gear driver output: manual and auto mode, auto mode is able to break in steering gear.

Small size with multiple functions, backlight 128*64 lattices LCD and Buzzer Tone Reminder; the interface can be operated smoothly.

It can be set Cells Voltage, Pack Voltage, Timer Over, Current, Power, Capacity, Temperature, RPM, Period and Pulse Alarm. What’s more, the extra alarm output can be linkage controlled by the users.

It has 8 sets default monitor alarm settings, which can be selected for different battery packs.

PowerLog 6S has been 100% calibrated before it enters to the market, at the same time, it supports the calibration by users themselves.

The logging interval can be set by users’ different needs. PowerLog 6S has a 16Mbit flash storage, which can log offline data in 33 hours @2 seconds logging interval.

Support upgrading the hardware program by USB port. Adopting HID protocol, dispense with installing Driver from PC, plug and play.

The PowerLog 6S also supports the “logview” software and can display, plot and analyze the charge and discharge data by it. (See detail information about logview in the following website: http://www.logview.info)

You can find detail information and their related products in the website: http://www.jun-si.com/Enproducts.asp
and download its manual here: http://www.hillrc.com/UploadFiles/CellLog_8S.pdf
the USB driver and upgrader http://www.hillrc.com/UploadFiles/8S.rar
and update note:
http://www.hillrc.com/UploadFiles/Re...es-CellLog.txt
http://www.hillrc.com/UploadFiles/Re...owerlog 6S.txt

PowerLog 6S User's Manual is uploaded to this thread, see as the file below.

Gratitude to John for his working on Best-yet Auto Disconnector for LiPo Storage/Discharge
You can see details here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...97&postcount=1

Gratitude to AJH for his great job on writing a simplified data reading/display program for PowerLog and CellLog instead of Logview.
You can see details here! http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=433
And you can download the programs directly from here: Attachment 3883201 and Attachment 3883202

What's more, you can consult another linking: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=839657.
If you have any questions,please contact with szjunsi@163.com directly.

#2 kgfly May 27, 2009 01:49 AM

Very interesting.

At that size and weight it could be an airborne cell monitor on many medium or larger size models.

I can see that it could also be used to add logging capability to a charger that does not have its own logging/charting features. That would require a parallel adapter for the balance port to enable the battery to be connected to both the charger/balancer and the CellLog.

#3 SteveM732 May 27, 2009 01:49 AM

Looks promising, any idea on availability and pricing?

#4 Smeagle May 27, 2009 03:20 AM

Very nice.

For inflight-logging I would like to have shorter interval... 4 times/second or even more... We don't need 36hours, but (optional) finer resolution would be nice.

- Oliver

#5 alex.guzun May 27, 2009 03:25 AM

subscribed :)
i have eagletree, but this looks sweet ;)

Yes, logging can be done adjusted

#6 junsi May 27, 2009 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smeagle
(optional) finer resolution would be nice.

- Oliver

Hello Oliver,

Thank you for your support of our products. As for your suggestion, we will improve it in the next version.

Regards,
Junsi

#7 write2dgray May 27, 2009 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveM732
Looks promising, any idea on availability and pricing?

Steve,

Units are expected to be shipping to customers in 1-2 weeks with a retail price of around $40.

- David

#8 write2dgray May 27, 2009 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex.guzun
subscribed :)
i have eagletree, but this looks sweet ;)

Yes, logging can be done adjusted

Yes Alex, I love my EagleTree too, and the Cell Log will compliment it well by providing very precise logging of individual cell voltages and an in-flight alarm for low cell voltage.

Cheers,
David

#9 flarssen May 27, 2009 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by write2dgray
Yes Alex, I love my EagleTree too, and the Cell Log will compliment it well by providing very precise logging of individual cell voltages and an in-flight alarm for low cell voltage.

Cheers,
David

EagleTree had plans for a cell voltage sensor but it never became a reality.

Fred

#10 Chip Geek May 27, 2009 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flarssen
EagleTree had plans for a cell voltage sensor but it never became a reality.

That is too bad. I would probably buy an Eagletree system if they had a sensor that would monitor individual cells.

#11 natterjak May 30, 2009 04:40 PM

This looks very interesting Junsi, I will buy one!

#12 Chip Geek May 30, 2009 10:46 PM

Suggested firmware improvement

I plan on buying one or two of these and I have been thinking about how I would like them to work. As someone else mentioned, I would also like to be able to change the rate at which the samples are stored to memory.

The ideal solution would be to sample the cell voltages as fast as the microcontroller can (maybe 1000 or more times per second) and then record the highest and lowest voltages observed during that interval. For example, if the microcontroller does sample at 1000 times per second and the user requests storing the values 10 times per second, then each recorded value would be the highest and lowest voltages observed for the last 100 samples.

#13 junsi May 31, 2009 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chip Geek
I plan on buying one or two of these and I have been thinking about how I would like them to work. As someone else mentioned, I would also like to be able to change the rate at which the samples are stored to memory.

The ideal solution would be to sample the cell voltages as fast as the microcontroller can (maybe 1000 or more times per second) and then record the highest and lowest voltages observed during that interval. For example, if the microcontroller does sample at 1000 times per second and the user requests storing the values 10 times per second, then each recorded value would be the highest and lowest voltages observed for the last 100 samples.

Hello Sir,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Since during the interval, it will save, send data to the USB, then control it, so this whole samples cycle needs not a short time. Our engineer has tested it as 0.5 second per time. Anyway, we will try to improve the firmware, to see if this can be shorted in 0.25s. However, if it is not enough, maybe there should be some improvements in designing.

Regards,
Junsi

#14 flarssen Jun 02, 2009 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junsi
Since during the interval, it will save, send data to the USB, then control it, so this whole samples cycle needs not a short time. Our engineer has tested it as 0.5 second per time. Anyway, we will try to improve the firmware, to see if this can be shorted in 0.25s.

I think the idea was not to shorten the logging interval, but to do as many samples as possible during that interval and log Vmin and Vmax, instead of (or in addition to) an average.

Fred

#15 junsi Jun 03, 2009 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flarssen
I think the idea was not to shorten the logging interval, but to do as many samples as possible during that interval and log Vmin and Vmax, instead of (or in addition to) an average.

Fred

Hello Fred,

Actually, the data we get is the average value after doing 40 samples, and getting rid of Vmin and Vmax.

Regards,
Junsi