RC Groups

RC Groups
    Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W)
        For Sale CNC cut formica airfoil templates

#1 juzwuz Mar 14, 2009 03:15 AM

CNC cut formica airfoil templates

6 Attachment(s)
If you are interested in some formica airfoil templates cut out on my CNC router, let me know. I have attached some CAD generated pictures of some of the various wing template sets that I've cut before. All prices include shipping in the US. I can ship internationally for an extra charge. I can also cut templates to order if they fit on my router (17" by 23"). Generally I would need a vector pdf or dxf file or if the airfoils you need are in profili2.

Prices are formica templates. I can also cut phenolic templates for an extra charge since it's more expensive and takes longer to cut.

Supergee2 $22 + Supergee2 Tails $13
Aegea 2m $27
Supra $28
Bubble Dancer $29
Big Genie $35
Zone 4 Panel (6 templates) $35 + Zone Tails $13
Zone 2 Panel (3 templates) $22 + Zone Tails $13
Edge 4 Panel (5 templates) $30 + Edge Tails $13
Edge 2 Panel (3 templates) $22 + Edge Tails $13
Zone V2 2 Panel (3 templates) $22 + Edge Tails $13

Thanks!

#2 ttoomm Mar 14, 2009 03:36 AM

i would like sg2 templates do have temps for tails too tom
how to pay

#3 icharus Mar 14, 2009 04:23 AM

I will take the bubble dancer templates.

Louis.

#4 target Mar 14, 2009 11:31 AM

If I send you specs, can you cut other profiles?

Also, how about a pic of what the surface the wire rides on looks like??

I may be able to do some business with you. I have people hounding me for cores often, but hate making templates...

Thanks,
Target

#5 alan7037 Mar 14, 2009 07:50 PM

These are high quality templates

Have you tried to make a set of formica templates? What a pain! Justin made a set of formica Supergee and Bubble Dancer templates for me at a great price. They arrived this afternoon and are beautiful. I highly recommend them to everyone. And to add to the deal, Justin is most helpful and concerned to deliver a quality product.

Alan

#6 A10FLYR Mar 14, 2009 08:17 PM

Can you do templates from full size tracings?

#7 seeker Mar 15, 2009 12:14 AM

pm sent

#8 juzwuz Mar 15, 2009 03:53 AM

Hopefully I've replied to all PM's.

Paypal is preferred because that's where my "fun" money sits that my wife doesn't really care about. Money orders are also OK.

I can make templates from full size scans but the accuracy suffers a little depending on the quality of the scans. It also can take a while to create the template drawings because usually the scans need to be cleaned up and lines need to be smoothed out.

#9 Mauilvr Mar 15, 2009 07:58 AM

I received my Bubble Dancer templates and was VERY pleased. Justin did a great job and communicated with me throughout the transaction.

He goes well out of his way to provide a quality product. :cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by target
Also, how about a pic of what the surface the wire rides on looks like??

I may be able to do some business with you. I have people hounding me for cores often, but hate making templates...

The surface is smooth as silk. ;)

I also HATE making templates.

#10 Thermaler Mar 15, 2009 10:34 AM

Can you use a dxf export from Compufoil?

Joe

#11 juzwuz Mar 15, 2009 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thermaler
Can you use a dxf export from Compufoil?

Joe

Joe,
Should be fine to use the dxf export from Compufoil. You can send an example to me and I'll give it a try.
Justin

#12 fcbflyer Mar 15, 2009 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juzwuz
Joe,
Should be fine to use the dxf export from Compufoil. You can send an example to me and I'll give it a try.
Justin

If you can't see it or click on the lines, change the color and you'll be fine. I had this problem in Master Cam.

#13 juzwuz Mar 18, 2009 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fcbflyer
If you can't see it or click on the lines, change the color and you'll be fine. I had this problem in Master Cam.

Thanks for the tip fcbflyer. Joe sent me the compufoil dxf and the VCarve Pro software I use, could read it with no issues.

#14 DR. DAVE Mar 22, 2009 12:54 AM

Can I get your email adress so that can place some orders want to start cuting my own wings

#15 juzwuz Mar 22, 2009 07:02 PM

PM sent to Dr. Dave

Also, it's probably not a good idea to post your e-mail address. You might want to edit it out.