RC Groups

RC Groups
    Waterplanes
        Discussion Canadair CL-415 by Nitroplanes

#1 Fast Freddy Mar 12, 2009 05:51 PM

Canadair CL-415 by Nitroplanes

:cool: Anyone have any information about the new Canadair CL-415 by Nitroplanes? Here's the linK:
www.nitroplanes.com/cacltw0en80n.html
Fiberglass fuse!! Looks great, but need more info.

#2 ScaleBrad Mar 13, 2009 08:54 PM

I just came across it on their website...

mmm...Sooo Tempting!!

I have 2 electric seaplanes (.40 and .60 size) already and I love flying them.

$239.95 not bad..

KMP has a nice CL415 too but it's $379.. :eek:

#3 ScaleBrad Mar 16, 2009 03:12 PM

It took me 2 days but I finally convinced myself and ordered one today. Will wait to get plane assembled to figure out power system, possibly 2x power 46's on 4S or 2 Himax's on 6S, depends how much nose weight I'll need. Should be a "cheap" project for me since I have motors escs servos and batteries sitting here unused. First thing I'
ll do is see the max diameter prop I can run, then work backwards from there. Probably going to run 3-blades.

#4 ScaleBrad Mar 16, 2009 09:07 PM

The obsession begins :D

CL415 (1 min 8 sec)

#5 Rudderman98 Mar 16, 2009 09:10 PM

WOW thats a beaut!

I'd get one but I already have a MR Design CL-415 kit waiting to be built and it cost me way more than what I could of got, and built this baby for. :mad:

Scalebrad,
Please keeep us posted on your build. I just might change my mind. :D

Perry

#6 ScaleBrad Mar 16, 2009 10:52 PM

I'll keep this thread updated when it arrives. Looks like a flat bottom wing too :D so should be nice and floaty...and flaps too

#7 Rudderman98 Mar 16, 2009 11:27 PM

Nitroplanes has an outrunner called the Monster Power 46 which looks good for this application. It has the same KV as the Eflite 46. Just costs much less. :D

http://www.nitroplanes.com/mo466brmo.html

I have this motor in one of my planes and it is a great bang for the buck! Very well made.

Perry

#8 Fast Freddy Mar 17, 2009 07:40 PM

Rudderman, You have the mraerodesign, laser cut Cl-415?!! I've looked at that kit and a build thread. It's an absolutely, beautiful kit, it's expensive and it will make one, awesome airplane! I hope you can find and make the time to build it. As much as I like to build I'm slowly coming to the realization that I just don't have the kind of time I need to build, hence my interest in this CL-415 ARF. I just can't believe it's $240!! Decisions, decisions!

#9 Rudderman98 Mar 17, 2009 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fast Freddy
Rudderman, You have the mraerodesign, laser cut Cl-415?!! I've looked at that kit and a build thread. It's an absolutely, beautiful kit, it's expensive and it will make one, awesome airplane! I hope you can find and make the time to build it. As much as I like to build I'm slowly coming to the realization that I just don't have the kind of time I need to build, hence my interest in this CL-415 ARF. I just can't believe it's $240!! Decisions, decisions!

Freddy,

Yep. Thats my problem too! But that new ARF is soooooo tempting, I just might have to jump on it and build the MR at a later date. How can you beat that price?

There's a build thread on the MR? :confused:

Perry

#10 ScaleBrad Mar 17, 2009 09:54 PM

If you're ready to buy this one, PM me I'll tell you how to get free shipping :cool:

For $239 to my door I could not resist :D

Mine is scheduled to arrive Friday, and the wife is already pissed :rolleyes:

#11 Rudderman98 Mar 17, 2009 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScaleBrad
If you're ready to buy this one, PM me I'll tell you how to get free shipping :cool:

For $239 to my door I could not resist :D

Mine is scheduled to arrive Friday, and the wife is already pissed :rolleyes:

Scalebrad,
Please NO! Don't tempt me I beg you!!!! :D :p

PMing you.....oh I'm dead. :rolleyes:

Perry

#12 ScaleBrad Mar 17, 2009 11:42 PM

PM replied...

#13 Rudderman98 Mar 17, 2009 11:49 PM

Your wife isn't the only one that's going to be p*&&%@. :o

Scalebrad saved me 30.00 in shippping costs. I just couldn't pass it up. :rolleyes:

Perry

#14 ScaleBrad Mar 17, 2009 11:53 PM

OK who's next??? :D

I'm gonna post a picture of the wife when she sees the UPS box :eek:

#15 Rudderman98 Mar 18, 2009 12:36 AM

Man.....

For what I paid for the MR kit with plans and fiberglass parts, I could of bought three of these ARF's....D'oH!

Seriously though. It is truly a beautiful laser cut kit with nice fiberglass parts. And the optional functional retracts are to die for. I didn't opt for them at the time of purchase.

But the ARF wasn't available five years ago and I can be a slooooow builder sometimes. :rolleyes:

Anyone interested in a CL-415 KIT? :D I'll take payments...seriously! :)

Perry