A few pics from Toledo

#2 DaOldGuy Apr 11, 2011 09:30 PM

96 Attachment(s)
More plus some ETOC

#3 MrFlash Apr 12, 2011 11:18 AM

Nice job Ron.

Yer a star buddy !! ;)

#4 DRAMJET Apr 22, 2011 05:08 PM

Ron, nice pics of Toledo. Was in Ohio in mid March and didn't know of the show until it was too late to change plans...Bummer.

Image 3102 brought back childhood memories of days at the beach and this GAF AirTruk would drone along pulling a banner. What was interesting was that as the afternoons wore on the Nor Easter would intensify and the AirTruk would STAGGER into the wind at no more than 5-10 mph, bucking and rolling with the turbulence. But it went home FAST! This aircraft was built by the Government Aircraft Factories in Melbourne Australia as a crop duster and utility aircraft and could carry about 6 pax or a nurse and litter. Not many produced and sadly the GAF closed down after producing the Nomad, typical of increasing complexity and costs of modern aviation.

Enjoy the Spring flying, Dave.

#5 DaOldGuy Apr 22, 2011 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRAMJET (Post 18041519)
Ron, nice pics of Toledo. Was in Ohio in mid March and didn't know of the show until it was too late to change plans...Bummer.

Image 3102 brought back childhood memories of days at the beach and this GAF AirTruk would drone along pulling a banner. What was interesting was that as the afternoons wore on the Nor Easter would intensify and the AirTruk would STAGGER into the wind at no more than 5-10 mph, bucking and rolling with the turbulence. But it went home FAST! This aircraft was built by the Government Aircraft Factories in Melbourne Australia as a crop duster and utility aircraft and could carry about 6 pax or a nurse and litter. Not many produced and sadly the GAF closed down after producing the Nomad, typical of increasing complexity and costs of modern aviation.

Enjoy the Spring flying, Dave.

Thats a bad break being so close. It was my first trip to Toledo, I was suprised how little was going on down town on a Friday, I guess tough times have hit everywhere.

That is a great story about the air truk, there is so much history in aviation that its too much to learn, but it is so interesting you try to take in all you can.
I hope to enjoy spring... some day... It snowed a bit again today <as my wife predicted over a month ago> reminding us that it just isn't here yet.

Thanks'
Ron