Posted by McCleary.11 |
May 18, 2012 @ 07:49 PM | 4,341 Views
I just received a Pioneer for testing from a local hobby shop and I have been reading through this thread for information. I plan on turning this into an FPV platform if I can get it flying well enough.
The holes in the control horns are a little too big for the stock rod stoppers and have some slop. Since the horns are only glued in place, I think I will just change them out for some that use a screw on backing. I found that I alreay had 2 stripped servos and set out to change them. Luckily, the glue used was sub par and the wing came apart after cutting down the sides with an exacto-knife. I am going to go ahead and replace all of the servos, working or not, with some TG-9's while I have the opportunity.
While working on the wing I noticed how easily the decals were to remove. I like the way they look, but I don't feel like messing with them falling off later on. I'll add some simple red paint and maybe a few black stripes on the bottom for orientation. Here is a pic with decals removed.
The removed decals weighed in at 11g! Its not much really, but around the weight of an extra servo...